or Connect

Posts by expatmommy

I think of your sweet son often. The days after loss can be so dark. 
    This is so so true. She is probably holding her breath thru this whole pregnancy & all she wants is for everyone around her to shut up about their knowledge and birth experiences. Whatever anyone else knows or has experienced, it isn't her experience. It just isn't. Her experience thus far is dead babies. She might desperately want to hear what you have to say but frankly just can't because her heart just wants a warm baby in arms. It really has nothing to do with...
DDC from the loss forum....   Congratulations!   I'm so sorry that these first few days aren't how you hoped for. May your new sweet ones be a calm comfort and healing presence to you. May you return to full health quickly and completely.
So did you cover up or just ignore her?
Hmm, the exercise & protein ideas are interesting. I exercised more earlier in my pregnancy, but did exercise right up to 36 weeks. I was running/lifting weights/stretching 3-4x wk for 45min each time. I didn't protein load this pregnancy. If anything, I ate more leafy greens & other veggies then I ever have before. In my final weeks of pregnancy, I did have more protein then normal, giving in to cravings as I waited out my eternal pregnancy! My dd's head was 13.75",...
Quote: Originally Posted by GoBecGo Have you developed endometriosis since your last baby? My friend recently had her first, who was 10lbs11oz and her MW said she's found women with endo which is bad but not so bad they can't conceive have bigger babies, possible due to a bigger placenta, possibly due to extra oestrogen. Possible for you? Also, how much did your placenta weigh? Was it also bigger? Maybe taking aspirin made a difference in vascular...
I've ordered from Wazoodle a number of times & have been quite happy with their service & shipping.
I recently gave birth to my 5th child. My previous living children were born 12, 11 & 16 days overdue and weighed 8lb 1oz, 7lb 10oz, & 8lb respectively. None of them had placentas that looked overdue. I figure I'm just a long gestator. My most recent child was overdue 16 days by dates & 12 days by early u/s. I had another u/s at 36 weeks and she was estimated to be 6+ lbs at that point (which I know is just a big guesstimate anyways). She was 10lb 3oz at birth!! When I...
I wouldn't take car seats. You can take the metro from the airport just as quickly as a bus or private car. The metro goes everywhere you would want to go to as a sightseer. You can buy diapers there, so I'd just take what you need for the flight & the first day. There are western style grocery/drug stores everywhere that sell Pampers & such.
I'd do it in a heartbeat, but our family travels internationally quite regularly & we all have a bit of the travelling wonderlust. Some practical thoughts: Most hotels in Hong Kong are smaller then typical USA hotels. Don't assume you could all fit in your dh's room. When my dh travelled there, his room at a fancy 5 star hotel only had a double bed. The hotel definitely wouldn't have let our whole family stay there together. There are YMCA type hotels with family suites...