or Connect

Posts by ValarieR

I'm in a similar situation: I have a 2.5 yr old DS, and have been with my amazing BF a little more than a year. I am ready to think about getting pg in the next few months...... he's still on the fence about wanting more kids AT ALL! He has always known that I can't live happily with only one child, so being with me means he has to be okay with kids.... but he's terrified, and very resistant to me getting pg. He's incredible - so I am being as patient as a crazy person...
Hi! I'm returning to the forums after many years away... life has changed so much!   I have been a single mom for 2.5 years to DS, and with my BF for a little more than a year. I want to continue having kids, sooner than later, but he keeps saying one is enough, no more. I get the impression he's scared about 1.) feeling pressured to have a ton of kids 2.) money and 3.) not being able to travel/play if we have more kids.   How do I reassure him kids will only...
I am soon to be twice divorced as well.... wth a five month old baby. I am actually really thankful to know there are other women in the same boat as myself! It's pretty scary right now- I really want more kids, and a loving partner with whom to share that joy, but I am terrified to trust another man... both of my marriages have involved seemingly normal, kind men turning out to be very dishonest people who don't really love me. For the moment I am still married to my...
I'm a new mom, just moved to Cumming, GA..... are you still doing play groups?
Hi! I'm a new mommy, and just moved to Cumming a few months ago
Okay... I was due 12/12, absolutely sure of that date, as the daddy was home from Iraq then So far, stray contractions here and there... cohosh has done nothing for five days, and nigh constant breast pumping hasn't helped either. According to my HB midwife, I am slightly dialated (a 1 or 2) and very soft and ripe. So... last ditch effort to avoid a hospital induction... I just downed castor oil. My midwife sent me discharge papers today... she is risking me out...
I've made a few things. *Burp cloths- I like those boutique burp cloths, but would never spend that kind of money, so I pretty much took terry cloth and sewed things on it to make a few fun ones for myself: Rainbow Burp Cloth Funky Burp Cloths Pin Up Girl Burp Cloth 2nd Pin Up Girl Burp Cloth I've also made some blankets: Red Flannel/Cotton Print Bright Jersey Knits Blanket Red Minkee/Cotton Print
My DH will be getting back from Iraq in October, and we will need to rent somewhere to stay from the until early December. Here is what we're looking for- I'll be there starting Oct. 7th (no idea when he arrives!) until Dec. 2nd. At minimum, we will need six weeks, 8 at most. We can't afford much more than $2.5k for the entire stay. I have been trolling Craigslist looking for the right place, but help from people who are actually there would be a God-send! I...
At 21 weeks, UP 18lbs. I've been hitting the gym a lot, haven't lost any muscle, and I don't feel fat really... I eat a good amount of protein since I'm still lifting weights, and take tons of vitamins. Pre-preg, my BMI was "Obese..." Yeah right! I was also leg-pressing 1000lbs and benching my body weight My body fat% (which is actually reliable) was about 28%... so I was normal. I beg of you ladies, please read up on how the BMI chart came to be, and how silly...
I don't know if I am actually feeling it yet. SOmetimes, it feels like something is going on in there, like a rolling around, but nothing distinct. I am almost 21 weeks! I felt some flutters at 14 weeks, and have had little things like that, but no "kicks" or anything cool like that Am I broken?!