or Connect

Posts by snarky

My 5 year old is in zero activities. This is acceptable.   I don't feel like a slacker. I feel like I'm living my life. We can ride bikes, go swimming, visit relatives and friends, etc and get just as much benefit as any other activity. There is plenty of time for organized group activities when she is older.
Dosage for bipolar can be similar to dosage for epilepsy if the dose is high enough. I take 400 mg daily.   I tried to breastfeed on Lamictal and I wouldn't do it again. My daughter was lethargic, had weak suck, didn't want to eat and took 4 weeks to regain birth weight. The worst part was that I had to try to pump and supplement with post partum depression. It was awful.   If given the choice between lamictal and breastfeeding I would pick lamictal for mom hands...
I am right there with you. My daughter, also 4.5, is rejecting more and more of our family meals. She lives on meat, bread, milk, and fruit.   Don't have any advice for you, just reassurance. Children are resilient and they're surprisingly hard to kill. If picky eating caused species decline, surely we'd all be dead by now. This too shall pass...
It sounds to me like your son wants to play with the bunnies but doesn't know how to play with them properly. Playing nicely is a skill you need to teach. I would get some books about bunnies, how wild bunnies make their homes, etc. If you are OK with him approaching the bunnies, you can help him induce the bunnies out by bringing carrots or other kitchen scraps. Only play supervised by the bunnies, and teach him how to be respectful of them and their home.
Hi Sunny, I feel your pain. My daughter is 4 too and the whining gets to be too much.   Re this: Do you want whining to be her major form of communication? I doubt it. So I think it is helpful to "crack down" every time she whines. Start with the wet shorts. My line is "that's not how we ask for things", and request for assistance not fulfilled until rephrased in a nice voice. This, plus prevention as you mentioned, results in polite requests more often than not.   (Of...
For my daughter the problem was the bubble bath. Once we got rid of the bubble bath and reverted to plain water the pain was gone. 
I wish I could have a sabbatical. My daughter just turned 4, such a magical time. If I could send her to preschool part time and stay home the rest, I would be happy as a clam for a few years... then on to the next adventure.   Working has changed the shape of our family as well. If I was home for a few years and then had a flexible schedule, I could have another child. As things stand, my life is full.   That said, I hate my job at the moment and my four year...
At our house, we have the following books that meet the bill: Owl Moon Strega Nona The Man Who Lived in a Hollow Tree A subset of Dr. Seuss books - If I Ran The Circus, Scrambled Eggs Super, Bartholomew and the Oobleck Most Robert Munch books - Paper Bag Princess, Pigs, The Fire Station, ...
Quote: Originally Posted by GuildJenn That makes TWO on that list then. Three on this list - unless you and I work at the same company. Quote: Originally Posted by caenach What my company's policies really amount to? If you want to do EXTRA work during the weekend or off-hours, we'll do everything we can to help you do that from home. And if you want to work 8-4 or 10-6, that's cool, that's cool. But no, you can't do your...
My daughter was in daycare so it's not the school that did it for me. But first day of swimming lesson - when my 3.5 year old who clung to my hand at 2 pm was all smiles jumping into the pool at 2:30 - I swear I almost cried at the pool. Two days later - first trip to the dentist (I know, late) - she climbed up into the chair by herself, opened wide, let the dentist work, walked by herself to the chair for the X-Rays - so proud I think I did cry a bit on my way to...