or Connect

Posts by sapphos

okay so silly question - in a more relaxed daycare setting should I be looking at whether they require naps, if structure exists do kids have other options, etc? what would be some good q's to ask other than the obvious ones of care. Really it's obvious I haven't done this before LOL and I'm sure we'll have different q's overall than a more mainstream family! Already, we'll have to deal with vaccine exemptions. I saw one French daycare which could be interesting since...
Quote: Originally Posted by LauraN Aw, L, I wish I could watch that sweet girl for you! Have you considered a Montessory pre school? I think the early years are a bit more free-flowing than the older ones. Also a church "playschool" can be more play-based and less academic. Another option is to see if a college student would sit for you--you could ask them to take her to hs groups and other activities. Or see if a hs mama would take her in. Posted via...
Hoping some other mamas might have some wisdom to share Our daughter has never been to daycare and preschool was absolutely not on the horizon but things have temporarily changed and we MIGHT have to get some child care help. Since this was something I had never considered I'm at a loss at what resources to check out. Essentially - the possibility of both dh and I working (and not same hours) is really likely. We don't want to put her in preschool - I shudder when...
unfortunately our dogs are almost 14 years old so no one will take them. Cats are also older. Short of putting them to sleep there aren't a lot of other solutions. We have moved all over the country and even overseas with these animals and have always managed to make it work. So far we've only been on food stamps for a short time but I've been feeding them with various things including making food at home. Friend is willing to take us all but we're trying to work out...
Hey mamas, I need to draw upon everyone's experience, wisdom, and ideas for thoughts on our situation. We had just moved to another state recently and shortly thereafter our business took a nose dive and we're now closing it. We were already living close to the edge at the time but now we're at the precipice. We moved from a large expensive city to a small town not in a metropolitan area. Cheaper but yet not cheap. We've had no luck finding jobs and need to move out at...
could someone pm me with the details on this? thanks!
can anyone give any insight into how tough the math is on this?
subbing because although I never thought I would return to my hometown dh is considering a job there to get us out of the hole and I have family around Hartford. Do please tell me what is up there since I left single and no kids in '97
subbing
subbing or is that sobbing