or Connect

Posts by sapphos

I realize I never posted an update for all the mamas who asked. DH is home with us now as of March. It cost us a huge amount of money that we didn't have for his lawyer and has put us under even more stress to pay that off. We left Miami in April for NC and things were getting a bit better but oddly I came back to the forum for the resources that were posted because now things are pretty bad again (hopefully only temporarily this time!) Oh and yes my mother in...
no one has posted in awhile so I thought I would resurrect the thread especially since I realize we've moved twice since I posted here last fall once just to another place in Miami and then this spring up to Asheville, NC. LOL now I'm following the RV thread too - maybe some full time traveling would cure the wanderlust...or then again...maybe not
Quote: Originally Posted by linchi I'm a Canadian married to a Spaniard and we are both expats in France (we met in Morocco). Hi Linchi, from an American married to a Frenchie and with an Argentine daughter conceived and born in Argentina. We're back in States for now but who knows where the future will take us
subbing to a great thread...we hope to eventually be able to do some full time living in an RV for a year at least and then who knows what afterwards. We're unschoolers so it's easy for us to get on the road once we've lowered the number of pets we have. Looking forward to reading everyone's experiences.
you might want to join the Asheville Mamas yahoo group for some more local resources. I'm still pretty new and we live South not North but the group should be helpful http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ashevillemamas/ Laura
Hey Wendy, thanks for the message . I guess we've moved so much that I've gotten used to jumping right in to make connections Although I would like to connect with fams with kids in the same age range, I'm totally open to have other mamas/papas come out to playdates so I can start forming a circle of friends . Caitlyn plays well with all ages and since we plan to homeschool (as of now) it's sometimes tough to meet other kids her age. Why don't you send me an email...
Hey mamas I would like to set up a playgroup that meets at least every couple of weeks (unless there is one already happening I can join in on). I'm hoping for 3+ age kids and to have it central or go to different parks. anyone else interested? laura
Quote: Originally Posted by marge234 I hope you can get some good advice about getting your baby enough nutrition during this solids strike. I've been having a really hard time getting our 10 mo piranha (is about to cut teeth number 9 and 10!) eating solids too. He won't eat from a spoon and, aside from puffs, has no consistent interest in finger foods. Our ped said the problem might be that I waited until almost 9months to start him and suggested a...
we were easily at a year before dd was doing much solids and during the time she was cutting teeth she ONLY wanted to nurse. Remember it's a lot of comfort for them as well. I'd wait a bit and see if in a copule of days she's back to more than nursing. Remember this too shall pass Quote: Originally Posted by Blessed_Mom Hi, My DD is close to 11 mo and started solids around 7 mo. She was fed some purees, some finger foods (avocado, rice cakes, puffed...
Quote: Originally Posted by sunanthem Hello! I have a 4 y.o. girl and 7 y.o. boy... we'd love to play sometime. Is anyone going to Carrier Park today to for the Healthy Kids Expo? Secret Agent 23 Skidoo is playing at 2pm. hey mama we are going to try to go. Caitlyn is a bit snuffly either from pollen or spring stuffies so gonna see how she feels. Trying to start getting us ready though because I'm itching to go to the City Market and start...