or Connect

Posts by sapphos

Quote: Originally Posted by poppyseed I started my own business from home 16 months ago, because I saw a gap in the market here in the UK. Not sure if I am allowed to put in this link or not, so mods please remove it if it is not appropriate: www.littleacornstomightyoaks.co.uk It cost us £3500 to start up, but has now grown to the stage that I can stay at home full time, and earn a 'wage' from it, equivilant to working in the 'outside world' but...
I've decided to try to return them. I called them the other day when I was still trying to decide what to do as far as keep or return. I complained that one of the fairies had torn wings. They told me they could replace them or just the one. I opted at that point to replace just the one since I didn't have another stocking stuffer. I didn't look closely at the rest until that night when I was putting them the tree but I then noticed that another one was torn as well!!! I...
Quote: Originally Posted by kittywitty http://www.flickr.com/photos/36722567@N06/4213098293/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/36722567@N06/4213090593/ Got the kitchen area and toddler area pretty much finished! Once the Christmas tree is put up, I am going to move the cubbies, but it's progress! I love the little kitchen cubbies! We just got our first playfood today for dd so I'm trying to figure out how to rearrange things. It's terrible...
This is my first workshop - I've had the book for a couple of years but because I often browse for what I need at a specific moment I had not opened it up recently. This is such an opportune time for this!! We have a challenging time because both my husband and I work from home and right now he's away for at least a couple of months. Normally we really bounce off of each other to keep dd away from the TV for any length of time. However, I must confess, as embarrassing...
My original thread was removed so here it is again... I bought some pocket fairies from magic cabin that at least were partially paid by a gift card. They were almost 30.00 for a set of six in cluding the shipping. I had gotten them because dd was always asking for them and I thought she'd leave the porcelain fairies alone. I am really unhappy at what they are now that I have them. first of all the package was almost all catalog and return papers (another 7.00 if I...
Quote: Originally Posted by slvsquared www.demandstudios.com They're legit, pay twice weekly, and pay around $15 an article. www.textbroker.com .02/word www.ecopywriters.com .02/word Thanks Sandi! Are they really tough to get in with ? I don't even have a current resume any longer but I do have some writing samples - press releases, my ebook, a couple of other articles.
So we're having a really tough time and when I say really tough I mean really tough. My husband and I have a business that has ground to a halt. I have some pet sitting jobs but not much. He left last week to go to Europe to be with his terminally ill mom who has cancer. I have a BA and most of my masters degree and can do some writing but so many writing jobs are farces or pay nothing. So whatever suggestions I can get would be soooooo welcomed!!!! Thanks!
subbing for writing ideas. I tried elance but never made any money at it. I've written my own ebook about Moving to Argentina and was working towards a Masters in pr and marketing with a BA in environmental studies before I realized I didn't want to do the corporate life. I definitely want to hear more about the writing people are doing because short targeted projects are the best for me. What are these 10-15 minute articles about? Forgot to add that I need some...
good to know on the diversity part! DH is French and although technically we would still be considered "white bread" I grew up in a very very ethnically mixed community and still embrace a mixture of ethnicities and diversity. It's one of the things that draws us to Seattle as the ultimate area. Perhaps it'll be Portland for us for massage school and then somewhere near Seattle afterwards Quote: Originally Posted by Pomegranate_Jewel I agree- Portland...