or Connect

Posts by sapphos

DD will be turning 3 just a couple of days after Xmas and I'm thinking to get her a doll that has good clothes options. I've been reading a lot of threads and doing a lot of research but I'm still lost. Some of the Waldorf dolls are cute but really pricey. Some dolls out there are simply scary too We have a Corolle Tidoo doll and a couple of soft dolls. DD also loves stuffed animals and often dresses them up as well. I'm not sure if a baby or younger looking doll is...
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaInCA I second play silks... you can dye them CHEAP with vinegar and Kool-Aid. where can I find instructions for how to do this and to the pp thanks for posting the link for dharma. We are on a tight budget and in teh middle of moving so being super crafty is out of the question (and not my forte anyway) but dying silks sounds just fine
there's a nice article in the Edible Portland http://edibleportland.com/content/ca...er-2009-issue/ I also have some foodie links I can dig up if no one responds. I've been researching this a lot since we're also hoping to relocate to either Portland or Seattle.
Quote: Originally Posted by Indigo73 Hey I think I resemble that remark. Bumping because I am fascinated and Portland/Eugene might finally be a compromise DP & I can live with. I refuse to live in the desert and he refuses to live in the mountains. LOL what is it about leaving CT! I moved away in 97 and have never looked back. We're looking towards Portland or Seattle as well. More likely Portland as of now
Quote: Originally Posted by NC EcoMaMa I would love more info Laura! Can you send it to my email? joannaglass@gmail.com okay emailing and posting to you Oregon Home Education Network take a look through the VERY extensive list of links for home/unschooling all through oregon and then regionally in oregon
no one around Seattle?
well I guess we should be here as well if not for the fact that we get itchy feet and wanderlust a lot. I'd say we're still looking for a place we can call home. I'm from Connecticut and moved to Miami in 97 my first out of state move (lots within the state once I was old enough to move though). Met dh in 2003 (he's from France and has traveled all over Europe, Africa and Asia) and we moved a couple of times in Miami, bought a house, sold it 7 months later, moved into...
Hey Jo, we never met but I lived near Carrboro about three years ago, I guess during a phase when the AP group was not very active. I never met you, but I noticed you're looking at moving out West too. We moved to San Antonio, then Savannah, and back to Miami after leaving NC and now we're looking at Portland. hope you find everything you're looking for out there! I have some home/unschool groups that someone shared if you want them Laura
Hey Jo, we never met but I lived near Carrboro about three years ago, I guess during a phase when the AP group was not very active. I never met you, but I noticed you're looking at moving out West too. We moved to San Antonio, then Savannah, and back to Miami after leaving NC and now we're looking at Portland. hope you find everything you're looking for out there! I have some home/unschool groups that someone shared if you want them Laura
I didn't want to take over Milkymommi's thread so I figured I'd start this one I loved the feedback everyone gave her but I am super interested to know what areas people are unschooling in and where there are fairly decent amounts of unschoolers or at least alternative schoolers (sudbury etc) thanks! in Miami today LOL