or Connect

Posts by sapphos

Milkymommi, I'm originally from CT too and we are considering moving out the NW so I'm loving the thread you got started! Madimamacita - it was interesting to hear your points on open mindedness on racial and ethnicity slants because dh is French and it's one of the things that jumps out first when you meet him although he doesn't have a huge accent anymore but does speak french to dd when we're out. Anyway, LOVE LOVE LOVE this thread. I may pm a couple of you at...
Quote: Originally Posted by homebirthing I will have to start looking into the places that have been named! The cool new thing about the internet is the neighborhood google thingy. Just reading about it makes me smile! I really feel called to come! I wish I was already a midwife so I could move dangit! I don't know if you'll find it useful but this site has a lot of interesting data you might find useful http://www.portlandpro.com/
mama, I hope you don't mind me piggybacking on your thread but I hate to ask the same question all over again. We're in Miami right now after having been in Argentina for a year, a short stint in NC, San Antonio and then Savannah, and finally back to Miami. But now we're thinking about moving on again. I would love to also know about unschoolers and vbacs in the area. Also any comments about the Sellwood area - my husband is thinking of going into energy work and he...
I moved to Miami in 97 and have lived everywhere from south in Homestead to Coral Gables (PRETENTIOUS) to the urban areas and also the beach. We left four years ago for Argentina - had our daughter and a year later moved back to the States. We didn't want to come back to Miami because we really wante a natural parenting friendly and holistic area. We ended up in NC which was okay and then dh got a job offer in San Antonio which was actually nice but then he was transferred...
Quote: Originally Posted by pamamidwife I ask because we don't know - people are not being tested to see if it's H1N1 and we don't know. With that and the fact that many people do not go to the doctor (I wouldn't) with the flu, we are getting very skewed ideas as to what is really out there. It adds to the media hysteria. I was just having a discussion with a friend about how they've discontinued testing here because the government said it's...
subbing
Hi ladies, dh is French and may be heading there to find some alternative treatments for his mom for her cancer treatments. We have been researching as much as possible but there is so little out there so I wondered if anyone living there is in an area with acupunture, organic foods, natural healers etc.... please let me know asap if you know of good areas. thanks!
I am still looking and considering another Corolle doll yet I still struggle with whether I want even vinyl dolls in the house. Actually dh who is not particularly hard core abot anything said but isn't it really just plastic and aren't we trying to avoid plastics now??? yea ummm oops. Who knows in the end what we'll decide but our Corolle doll has actually gotten a dar stain around both eyes so it makes me wonder.
thanks for all the suggestions so far - keep em coming We are now considering a wood kitchen maybe from Willow Toys if things get better financially. I also did a lot of checking on corolle dolls last night trying to figure out what makes a 5+ year old doll different from a 3+ year recommended doll. And I finally got one answer that made a lot of sense to me - "does the child want a "playmate" or are they mothering the baby" and for our daughter she definitely is...
Our daughter will be three on December 26. this is the first year we will really be doing an y gifts for her for both xmas and bday. She is just beginning to understand the idea of receiving goodies in packages Plus I tend to frequent a lot of thrift/consignment stores and often buy her things throughout the year for her playroom (wood puzzles, books, stuffed animals). I'm looking for some ideas now. We are planning to unschool with some waldorfy/nature ideas thrown...