or Connect

Posts by richardsmom

I have been freaked out about this flu because of the possibility of even healthy people having a problem with it. The 1918 flu epidemic killed people in the prime of their life. That was one of the weird things about that flu. So I checked out on PBS.org some information regarding the 1918 epidemic (or pandemic I guess). I thought I'd post this because I found it interesting (and scary). By the way, my Dr. said not to vaccinate our 18month old (we are selective...
I don't really have advice, just thought I'd post to say my DS (14 months) and my nephew (1 yr) BOTH are doing something similar. They both get really mad when they realize you are getting them ready for bed. It just started a few weeks ago for both of them. Interesting note: my sister doesn't cosleep and I do yet it doesn't seem to make a bit of difference regaarding going to bed. They BOTH just don't want to go to sleep. They also both put up a fight for naps...
A toy I recommend happens to be plastic but DS (14 months) loves it...it is from Discovery Toys (which I think you normally need to get from a consultant - I picked it up at a sidewalk sale). I can't remember the name exactly but it is a board with colored stackable pegs. He spends a lot of time with it, but be prepared for lots of loose pegs getting distributed throughout your house. Bonus: It is made in the US!
I am going to get the "Mothering Your Nursing Toddler" book. Also, that is a good idea on giving yourself little milestones to aim for (the getting teeth is a good one). Later on the same day I posted this, I found myself really thankful that we are still nursing because DS was really fussing (teeth coming in) and we nursed and then he was as happy as can be. I thought about how lucky we are that we can easily turn his mood around this way. BUT, then the next night...
Hi. My DS is 14 months. Before DS, I always planned on nursing for a year. Currently, we are still nursing 2 to 3 times a day. The issue is, I keep having mixed feelings about it. One day I think that maybe I want to begin further weaning but then I think that maybe I want to keep going with it. I am sure it is partly due to the fact that I didn't necessarily think I would ever go this long (I know to many "this long" probably sounds funny). I do work out of the...
I too am going away. It is a two night business trip that I can't get out of. In fact, I leave tomorrow. My DS is younger though (only 13 months). I have been a wreck because he (and I) have never been apart like this. The longest we have been away from each other is the 8 hours I am at work. My DH is a SAHD so at least DS is used to spending lots of time with DH. My main concern is nursing since he has never had to go longer than 10 hours. Right now we nurse...
I have been watching your post hoping for some advice because I have been considering transitioning DS (13 months) out of the bed. Since no one has posted yet I thought I would suggest the "No Cry Sleep Solution". She has some advice about doing this. Have you read it? I have been thinking about doing a REALLY SLOW transition. I am thinking about having DS and I sleep on a mattress in his bedroom for however long I think necessary and then to put him in the crib...
Hi. We have nightweaned fairly successfully. DS is 13 months old. We have our mattress on the floor so I nurse him to sleep in bed (usually between 9 and 10). I then don't nurse him again until around 4:30 AM. I used Dr. Jay Gordon's plan (sort of) when DS was 11 months. I skipped the first step of the plan because it just didn't work for our situation at the time. It's funny but I have already forgotten the details : but I think it was about 3 - 5 days where...
I think the response was great, I hope it gets printed. As for not smoking, there is an article about it on mothering's site: http://www.mothering.com/9-0-0/html/9-4-0/taylor.shtml
I just thought I would give a happy update. Just when I thought I wasn't ready to do the (partial) nightweaning, I had a really bad bout of diarrhea. It lasted almost 2 weeks on and off. Anyway, there was one night that I was nursing ds and I really had to go. But he just kept nursing and nursing. I didn't want to take him off but I ended up (this is awful) having a little accident. I was really upset and told my dh that he would have to handle ds for...