or Connect

Posts by Dillpicklechip

Poking around online, it seems that Mothers Allowance is a thing of the past? I'm asking because my dh is currently planning to move out and leave me with our three young children. I will be able to manage if I can go on assistance, but I think that maybe they will force me to look for work? Not that I mind working, but please forgive me if I say the thought of leaving my kids with someone else makes me want to barf. Not to mention that I've been a sahm for many years and...
Quote: Originally Posted by highlandmum Anyone know any good blogs, too? There was a thread a few months ago in this forum just for urban homesteading blogs...you should check it out.
I have found that certain brands of pectin need to be boiled longer in order for the jam to set. You could try boiling the jam again for a few minutes. Or, runny jam makes a very yummy topping for lots of things--we like it on oatmeal.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grace and Granola I am really intrigued by the Charlotte Mason method and I've been reading everything posted on MDC as well as links that are mentioned. But, I'm not seeing anything about how to bring up the younger kids or at least include them in the CM lifestyle. For example, I really understand what they're saying about "twaddle." I dislike having meaningless books especially when the kids love them because it's Dora or...
Check out this clothesline: http://plainandjoyfulliving.blogspot...wednesday.html
Quote: Originally Posted by momo7 So tell me...do you like yours? Is it hard to use? I have read different testimonials and all of them said it was easy and great and blah blah blah...but what I really want to know...Do you like it? Is it REALLY THAT easy? If you didn't like it, tell me why. I really really want to know if it's worth it to buy one. I have fibroid tumors...will it be a good "fit"? Any and all experiances welcome...I just really...
Oh my gosh, that's just awful. I would be VERY angry if my neighbour did that! I'm sorry I don't have any advice.
I never, ever have nosebleeds--except sometimes when I'm pregnant. This morning I was bending over my 5 year old, helping him practice his letters, and I started dripping blood on him! It was freaky. I quickly filled up 5-6 tissues with blood. It stopped in about 10 minutes. What could be the cause of this? It's very unlikely that I'm pregnant. I don't have a cold or allergies. And it isn't dry air, because it's been rainy and humid here lately. What has me...
Quote: Originally Posted by Holiztic So the best I can tell Ambleside Online is a list of books to read and, if you follow the schedule, when to read each book. But.... is that it? No projects, activities, discussion ideas, etc? So then I would plan all the activities, projects, etc? I'm not saying I don't want to do that, but I am not sure I do want to do that, all the time, you know? Anyone want to explain how AO...
Thank you, everyone! I'm going to look into all your suggestions right now.