or Connect

Posts by Dillpicklechip

I just started a blog yesterday. So, not much there yet! And we're not hardcore either. Just starting out on the journey to self-sufficiency. http://gettingthere.typepad.com
Thanks for the responses! Interesting about the caffeine...I do drink tea but I don't think the pain is bad enough...giving up tea would be worse!
I've noticed that maybe the past 4 months or so, I've been getting pains on either side around where my ovaries are--not excruciating pains, but just sort of uncomfortable pangs that come and go about 10 seconds later. This happens many times a day around when I am ovulating, and then happens often again over a course of several days during my period. I am a bit concerned since this never happened to me in the past. Does it warrant a trip to the doctor, or is it...
We have the Elements of Art 4-6 book, which my 11 year old daughter has been using this past year. I agree that the assignments are very open ended so these books can be used with a wide range of ages and ability levels. For example, they'll say "Draw a scene from your memory" or such like. There is no right or wrong way to do the assignments. So although I haven't seen the K-3 book, I am willing to bet that the 4-6 book would be fine for both of your older children. Even...
Quote: Originally Posted by MissMommyNiceNice I did it! One sale already, how exciting! : I did buy a bunch of days on the holiday featured items showcase. I'd like to try one on the main or spring page before Easter if there is one left. Okay, now I know I can do it! Congratulations! That first sale is so exciting isn't it?
We are not in our forever home. I don't know if you'd call me an urban homesteader--we rent a townhouse with a tiny backyard where I can only grow herbs in pots. I do use a patch of my dear grandmother's backyard every summer to grow vegetables though. I understand what you're saying about not wanting to do too much when you know you're going to move. We're going to move to our (hopefully) forever home in about two years. In the meantime, I'm sure we could find a way to...
If I remember correctly it took us two weeks to have our first sale. The first couple months after that were fairly slow, and then it kept speeding up over time.
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I'm sorry I don't have the energy to post more, but I do appreciate it.
Quote: Originally Posted by raingyrl hi pickle, how long have you been in business on etsy? my husband is a woodworker also, and it is really frustrating to quite frequently see all of his profit go back into tools...and if you don't buy the decent tools, you spend more in the long run, etc... my dad (also a woodworker) did trade shows for a while, and said that the first 2 years were all about building his business = no profit. 1...
I am starting to feel really discouraged about the Etsy shop my husband and I run. It's been successful, I guess--we've been there for one year and made 471 sales. But the thing is, we work SO hard, and have made almost no profit at all. All the money we've made goes to buy more wood, or sandpaper, or packing supplies, or new tools, or to replace a tool that's broken, or whatever... My husband loves this business, he is fine with spending almost every free minute he has...