or Connect

Posts by Dillpicklechip

Quote: Originally Posted by Magelet As for modesty in the heat, I actually find that a long skirt can be cooler than shorts. A long flowy very lightweight cotton skirt flows in the breeze and lets any breeze in, but keeps the sun off, and is more comfortable. I know it's a weird idea, but it works well for me. If you think about it, more covering, loose clothes are quite common in hot areas. think of beduoin and arab dress. It keeps the sun off....
Holy cow, looks like I'm going to be wasting some time later...
Quote: Originally Posted by PreggieUBA2C Cape Breton is probably one of my very favourite places in Canada. It is stunning and you can watch pilot whales off the northern tip. The mountains are gorgeous and will burn out your brakes and your transmission if you don't have a heavy duty vehicle, but I was happy to trade my chevette's tranny for a visit. It's been a while since I was there, but if not much has changed, you have to be fully...
MominFlux, I just found this old thread again and I was wondering if you have moved to your farm, and how things are going? My dh and I are still considering moving to NS (maybe even Cape Breton) so I'm really interested to know how things went for you!
Lovelymama, you'd probably be interested in reading Rob Roy's book, Mortage Free. It's not in print anymore but you can find a used copy on Amazon.com for about three bucks. In this book the author describes how you can obtain land and build an eco-friendly house on it without ever having a mortgage. Of course, his method involves saving up a lot of money to begin with. But once you do that, and build your home, you can live for very cheaply if you don't have a mortage...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kimmiepie Thanks. I never get EW and watery is as fertile as I get. Usually I can tell the difference but this time I'm having a harder time. In my panties now, it is nothing but "water" but when I try to get anything out it is like the skim milk. Kimmie, I just wanted to tell you that I am the same. It is quite rare for me to have EW at all. Usually I just get a very watery fluid that soaks my underwear like pee.
Quote: Originally Posted by jeninejessica I would chart temp (probably around 7am) even though it might not be definate. It's still nice to have a baseline, just make sure you mark which days you did and didn't get sufficient rest. You may find too that your body only takes 2 hours to get back to 'normal', so you won't need the three. I think as long as you're getting into a fairly deep sleep, that's the more important thing. Or you could try temping at...
We're trying to avoid pregnancy right now, but we are definitely considering TTC #4 possibly next year. It's a hard decision, because dh is still in college, and we don't know at all how our financial situation will be in coming years. Also our current home (which we rent) is quite tight as it is with 3 children. So we would have to find someplace bigger. And get a van too, since our current car only seats 5 people! But we're pretty much broke. Sometimes we really...
Is it okay for me to post here with a question? I recently read Taking Charge of Your Fertility and I'd like to use the methods outlined in that book to avoid pregnancy. However--the author states that I need to take my temperature after being asleep for three straight hours. How important is this? Because between my 18 month old (who still nurses frequently) in bed with me, and my loud and ornery cat, my sleeping schedule is extremely erratic. I never know when I...
I noticed a few days ago that my 5 year old seems to have some kind of round swelling on both sides of his neck. I'm guessing they're swollen glands, right on the side of the neck halfway between head and shoulder. They don't feel hard, and he says it doesn't hurt when I press on the spots--but they look noticeable to me, about the size of a quarter maybe. Should I be concerned about this? As far as I know he doesn't currently have any cold or throat infection. The only...