or Connect

Posts by Dillpicklechip

Awwwwwwww. Out of the mouth of babes...
Wow, where do you live that they removed gym class from school? That's pretty bad...:
Quote: Originally Posted by genifer Id actually say that out loud and then the focus would be on how cool it was that I was a jedi and not on my homeschooling. LOL! You shouldn't make me laugh that hard right after I ate a large burrito. My tummy hurts already.
I wouldn't worry. Your kids are still young--why do you think they need more than a few friends? Have they told you that they are lonely? Is there something wrong with the neighbour's kids? Children that young don't usually have many close friendships. It's totally normal. I'm sure that when they are older, if they want to make friends they will make an effort to make friends at activities like dance. Regarding "the good things about school," my daughter, who is very...
Quote: Originally Posted by HerthElde I never saw this part, but . . . how is that any different than someone that moves away from their high school friends? I keep in touch with 2 people that I went to high school with, both sporadically - if I tried to talk grad (in Canada, we didn't have a "Prom" in the American sense of the word) with any of my now-friends, they'd look at me like I had two heads! Sounds to me like whining for the sake of whining (and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Karenwith4 Yeah - we are very very blessed that way. I love where we live. I know I am a broken record but have you hooked up wtih a homeschool group locally? They may have some ideas or activities to offer. Karen Yes I have joined a local NFL message board where there are some homeschoolers who organize group activities like daytime swimming lessons and gymnastics (although no new activities on the horizon for...
Congrats to all of us! ABand3, I know what you mean about feeling like this is a pivotal time in our lives. I feel like in making this choice I've forever altered the path all of our lives will take--but in a very, very good way. Yes I think it has sunk in--because I've been thinking quite constantly about making this change for some time. So it's hardly a new idea to my mind. I've been ready to do this for a while now. Kecmom, you're funny! "Honeymoon...
Quote: Originally Posted by Karenwith4 From mid April to mid October/November we bike just about everywhere. We spend literally hours hiking, playing at the river, climbing trees, running around. My kids are outside running around every day for at least an hour, often several. That sounds really lovely! I wish we had a place to go hiking. There is a park and open field across the street from us, but beyond that is a huge Ford plant with enormous...
Quote: Originally Posted by Alana I feel with this its like my ds's head is supposed to be flipped open (thinking Monty Python imagery here) and facts and things just stuffed in. LOL, great image!
Whew! I'm so relieved...dd's teacher called me after school today, and she was actually totally supportive! She kept saying that she thinks my daughter "is going to do really well with that," that "she certainly has a thirst for knowledge." I guess she realized that my daughter was bored with the tiny doses of information she was getting at school, and she actually sounded glad that I'm going to homeschool her. Not that I needed anyone's approval about this, but it...