or Connect

Posts by jazzharmony

I'm sorry you are dealing with this from the other side.  It must be very difficult for you.  You sound like a wonderful and engaged parent - i'm sure you will guide your daughter through this.  Let me know how things go.  
Can we start a thread listing our favorite documentaries and educational films for children.  Perhaps we could also add a few words about age range/sensitive subject matter.     I did try searching the forum to see if a similar thread exists but had no luck.   Anyone have thoughts on the Ken Burns documentaries?  My 10yo is interested in Jazz and Civil War.  I'm unsure of how upsetting these might be.  I imagine there is no way we could include his 7yo sister in...
I spoke with dd today at length.  We talked about boundaries, personal space, and discussed possible ways to handle W.  We role played a little and had fun with that.  The plan for now is that I am going to spend more time monitoring things and seeing exactly where I can intervene and redirect.  DD also wants me to come and interrupt her play often - giving her a break from W.  DD needs help dealing with W and I don't think she is ready to set boundaries with W in a way...
Part of what complicates the situation is that dd does enjoy playing with W sometimes.  She does not seek W out for play or ask to see W for a play date ever.  DD enjoys playing with pretty much anyone and is generally fairly flexible - though she has her spunky moments, for sure.  The problem is that W wants to shadow dd at all times and controls situations making it difficult for dd to move freely, play with older kids, etc.  The more dd expresses interest in joining...
  Thank you for the role play idea.  I hadn't thought of that.  I did tell dd that she isn't responsible for W's happiness.  DD has worked very hard to be kind and respectful with W but in the past she has gotten fed up and not been as kind as she could have been.  This has muddied things a bit for W's mother as she focused on the times, last year, that dd had attempted to assert her own wishes and wasn't as kind about it as she should have been.  DD has been particularly...
I need some guidance and perspective desperately.   My 7 year old is having difficulty asking for space from a child (5yo) in our homeschool group.  I will call this child W. There is some history but i'm not sure it's relevant and i'm liable to get bogged down in it if I begin typing it all out...   W is obsessed with my daughter and being next to her and copying her, etc.  This has been going on for about 1.5 years.  Her mother absolutely believes our daughters...
All set, thanks :)   Can't figure out how to edit title.  
I tried searching but nothing helpful came up.   Has anyone had a tattoo removed?  Does anyone know about tattoo removal options?   Any feedback much appreciated :)
Thank you, gobecgo.  That is very helpful :)   I decided to take a deep breath and cancel my appointment for today (did that on Friday)  I need to speak with other dentists, research, get second opinions, etc.  While I do want the mercury out asap, I think it might be best to do a few per year, as you suggested, gobecgo.  The rest of the work, doesn't seem like such an emergency now.   Thanks again for your help.  I am feeling a bit more centered at the moment.
I am feeling quite stressed and overwhelmed after my appt today, with a holistic dentist.  We pay a fortune for medical/dental insurance but dental only covers 1K per year, apparently.   I have 8 amalgam fillings that have been in my mouth for 20 years.  I want them out asap for a variety of reasons.  Several of the teeth are going to need crowns after the amalgam removal because of how little tooth is left, surrounding the filling.  The estimate is 10K for all 8....