or Connect

Posts by jazzharmony

Thanks, everyone.   I spoke to the vet and he was not very hopeful.  Because 6yo pug has exhibited aggressive behavior toward other dogs, from the beginning, and has now escalated to humans, he has little hope that a behavioralist can help.  He says re-homing is definitely not an option.  Apparently many people try to change the dog behavior and, after another bite or two, have it euthanized.  He discussed all possible medications and procedures (including teeth...
This weekend our 6 year old daughter was attacked by our 6 year old pug dog.  We were at a hotel and she was sitting next to him on the couch.  He was sleeping and she was watching the television, not touching him or interacting with him at all.  Suddenly, he lunged at her neck and left a huge, full upper and lower, bite mark (no blood)  The next day, my daughter and I were sitting on the hotel bed.  The dog was sitting by us on the bed (he is never on furniture at home)...
changed my mind :)
Quick update as I take care of a sick houseful... Mirzam, thank you so much. That paper was truly eye opening. We took our dog to the cardiologist who did a heart ultrasound. He not only found no damage to the heart, but also found no evidence of heartworm. We are perplexed. Our original vet did a snap test which was positive and then we had a retest (different type of test) done at a pet store to confirm. They said he tested high positive. Right now our...
I had a post typed up from my phone but it's lost in space... Yes, our other dog is now on Heartguard preventative, prescribed by the vet yesterday. Heartworm isn't something common in our area which explains why all three of the vets in this clinic seem to have no information for us and don't seem to know much themselves. No, they did not do a urinalysis or other testing. They did not discuss treatment options or possible outcomes. They just put us on a plan...
For what it's worth, i've already been made to feel like a horrible non-vaxing mother in an ER with her baby so there's no need to judge us for not doing heartworm med prevention. We got all that from the vet's office. We felt we had made an informed decision. I really just need some help with what to do next. We just want the best possible outcome, with the least risk, for our dog. Reading online is pretty scary. Treatment can cause death and the vets don't...
Any updates? My 6yo dog just tested positive for Lyme. I hope your dog is improving.
Ubermama I'm so sorry. My 13 year old dog has degenerative disc disease and can't walk long. He loves to be out with us and his younger brother dog. I bring my sling and wouldn't hesitate to put him in it, carry him, or use a dog stroller. I don't see why all the judgment. Some of the posts are in good humor but for many of us, dogs are a part of our family and they deserve assistance just as a human would. Dog strollers are like wheelchairs for dogs. Why should...
Our 12 year old 20lb dog has degenerative disc disease and at some point will not be able to walk. As it is, we carry him when he gets tired. He really enjoys going hiking and to the park with us so I brought my old baby sling last time. I didn't need to use it but someone asked me where my baby was and I explained... I would assume that dogs in strollers or slings are in them because they like to be outside but aren't able to walk far. My daughter begs for the...
Have things improved any? What a difficult situation.