or Connect

Posts by jazzharmony

Thank you I should have been more specific. It needs to be non-dairy and vegetarian (perhaps I should post on the vegetarian board) I went to the health food store yesterday and checked out out the baking section. I think I will use bean flour, quinoa, coconut flour and some others that said high protein/fiber. Maybe some shredded zucchini and non-dairy chocolate chips I am not a natural when it comes to cooking so I do best with a really specific recipe in...
My second child was not a napper. She was down to one nap at 6mo and dropped all naps by 2yo. She was, however, big on nighttime sleep She had no trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep. My first child was the opposite. He woke every 45 minutes all night long for the first year of his life. He didn't nap much either. I found that I really had to adjust my expectations and let go of needing him to nap so much. Once I let go, it really did help. At one point,...
Thank you sewchris. I forgot to mention that they need to be vegetarian - sorry! I have edited my title. californiajenn, I did a search but didn't find threads specifically with high protein scones/muffins. Perhaps I didn't go far back enough in my search. I just thought of quinoa - that would be a great muffin/scone ingredient with good protein
We have a very busy homeschooling schedule with us getting up and in the car very early a few days per week. On those days I really need something quick and healthy and filling for my kids to eat on the go. I was thinking maybe there is a way to pack a meal into a muffin or scone, bake a bunch, freeze them and heat in the morning. I am not much of a chef but does this sound doable? My thought was not to make something starchy - more protein and fiber may tide them over...
Quote: Originally Posted by Amy0417 I hope this happens for my rosacea/seborrheic dermatitis! I would seriously be jumping for joy. What does the coconut oil do? Good luck! It's still working for me My understanding is that unrefined, organic coconut oil, like honey, is antibacterial/antifungal and is moisturizing. ETA - replaced a sad face with the appropriate, smiley one!!
I bake it and then freeze individual portions in Pyrex containers.
Did this last the entire K year? Do his teachers say there is any time during the day during which he seems happy? What details are they giving you about his day? Does he seem like he doesn't want to open up about his feelings or do you think he has difficulty articulating them?
Dancing while holding your children (probably one at a time We have "dance parties" often. When it gets dark we use a plug in disco ball (not for the faint of heart!) and we put on music and dance like crazy. Pilates. Lots of gain in little time. Great for the back and strengthens the core. Lots of results in very little time per day. You can sneak it in here and there throughout the day. Or just simple push ups and sit ups throughout the day. Games with...
We love the Musee Rodin. You may want to pick spot(s) which are in between the two train stations. Google for a good map of Paris and see what there is in between. Or, you could post the names of the stations and we could offer more suggestions When will you be going? August and September are quite different, for example. ETA - okay, I just noticed you said it's this Sunday. August isn't as bad as July, in terms of crowds, but many things have modified hours as...
OP here - I'm feeling conflicted but I think the most sensible approach is not to have this particular child in our home. It's difficult because people often want to come over. My friend, the mom, left saying next time she would just drop off her daughter (the 9yo) next time. This left me feeling really bad Oh well. I guess there is no way to always make everyone happy though I do try. My 6 year old daughter is often included in play with her older brother...