or Connect

Posts by jazzharmony

I have a wonderful metal Singer sewing machine in a table - circa 1960s, I believe. It was fully serviced (at a cost of about $120) before I put it in storage, 2 years ago. I got it back a few months ago and it hasn't worked properly since. I need to sew goodie bags for my daughter's party this weekend. What happens is, as I sew, the needle stops and I have bunched up thread. Does that make sense? I am not new to sewing but have never made more than very simple...
I don't think people generally perceive this is safe but the fact is, in bumper to bumper traffic with no place to pull over and no end in sight, sometimes we do what we have to do.
Our 12yo has had to have general for two dental procedure. Our vet always recommends (in fact, this may be a requirement) full pre-op testing. I would do it.
Quote: Originally Posted by pianojazzgirl ETA I forgot I was going to mention Nettle tea (or even better: infusion) as well. ahhhh - nettle tea! That's the one my midwife had me drinking during my last pregnancy. Thank you for reminding me, pianojazzgirl! I'm going to start by trying the nettle tea and if it doesn't make a difference, i'll move on to other things. Thanks everyone
I'm not pregnant but my iron is low. I don't like to take iron in a pill because I haven't found one that doesn't cause intestinal/bowel issues. Floradix costs a small fortune and tastes pretty nasty. Are there any alternatives? I remember a tea I drank when I was pregnant which was high in iron. Would a tea (alfalfa?) be enough? I don't need food suggestions - just pill, liquid, tea, etc. Thanks!
WCM, I don't have any advice but i'm sure others will I just wanted to chime in on this thread. I have been using Spectrum unrefined organic virgin coconut oil on my skin for rosacea/seborrheic dermatitis and it has worked a miracle. My rosacea/SD had become pretty bad and painful - now it seems to be gone. I put raw honey on my face first, rinse, and then put a thin layer of the Spectrum CO on. I have been doing this routine twice daily for maybe 2 months. I saw...
jp647, so glad honey is working for you I just want to mention that honey has worked wonders for my rosacea/seborrheic dermatitis. I had tried the honey a long time ago with no success. I decided to stick it out this time and add a thin layer of coconut oil after the honey. A miracle happened. After really suffering for about the last 2 years, my skin issues have cleared up! I use raw organic honey and leave it on my face for as long as possible (I try for...
I go to bed at the same time as my children, which is a relatively new thing, so I decompress in little bits throughout the day. My way of decompressing is playing music. Usually guitar and singing but often piano or drumming. My husband also decompresses this way. When we *really* need to decompress and the kids are keeping themselves busy, we jam together
Here is the honey, in case anyone is interested. http://www.amazon.com/Raw-Antioxidan...8641482&sr=1-1 I found it at a health food store. Coconut oil link http://www.amazon.com/Spectrum-Natur...8641540&sr=1-3 Both of these jars last for a really really long time. In fact, I haven't had to replace them yet. Very economical. You only need a tiny bit at a time. My skin is feeling great now. It's hard to believe, actually. It looks great too but I wasn't...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mom2M What exactly do you do with the honey? I leave the honey on for as long as possible - some online sources recommend 3 hours but I rarely have time for that. Ideally, I put it on in the morning when I wake up and leave it on while I walk the dogs, make breakfast, etc. I put it on again at night and leave it while we get ready for bed. I rinse it off with just tepid water and then put a very thin layer of...