or Connect

Posts by jazzharmony

Quote: Originally Posted by janeisabelle They say he did not qualify for an IEP. He behaved perfectly during the psychologist's IQ testing sessions. [I think partly because he functions very well one-on-one with an adult] Is homeschooling an option for you? It sounds like he is very overwhelmed in a school environment, which is not that unusual, and for him it manifests in an aggressive way. The school environment sounds very unhealthy for...
I would have absolutely no problem declining the invitation due to the circumstances (young children, new baby) In fact, i'm pretty sure my husband would decline as well, that close to a birth. If it was his brother, I would support him going but not for a friend he isn't even close with.
So you put the ACV on with with oil? If so, what kind of oil and how do you do that part? Spray? What temperature do you cook them at? I tried making them once but the temperature might have been too low. It took about 1hr at the lowest temp setting on my oven - maybe 200. I only had spray canola oil so I used that. Ok, so I looked at the site mentioned and see that 300 is a better temperature. I'm going to google for ACV ideas - sounds great.
Thank you I had seen that but there doesn't appear to be any remnants of the tick. I have searched since finding the tick, several times per day, and haven't detected anything at all. No rash either or other symptoms. The pediatrician's office said not to worry but I like to do my own research. Thanks again!
I have googled like crazy and can't find any information. We are having a horrific tick season - worst I have ever seen. The kids have already had a bunch pulled off of them and our dogs have had dozens. My 5yo had one two nights ago that we pulled off and it was surrounded by black specks. My husband says that it's tick poop and that he thinks it indicates that the tick was there for a very long time (we suspect it was a dog tick) but I can't find a single piece...
Quote: Originally Posted by mama2toomany I have posted ads and contacted charities and some churches.. but in the end if no one wants it, its gonna have to be demo'd, Unless you want it? then by all means come and get it. Believe me, if there was *any* way I could get to MN and rescue the piano and organ, I would totally do it I certainly did not mean to minimize the situation but I do have a visceral reaction when I hear about destroying...
Please please please do not demolish the instruments. There are people, like us, who rescue instruments and restore them. We have rescued several pianos and an organ and a few guitars, etc. My 5 year old daughter is playing, as I type this, on a piano that sat in the rain on someone's back porch for 2 weeks It took a lot but the piano is playable and it's a beautiful instrument. It's wonderful that you are going to help your neighbor find new homes for the piano...
Quote: Originally Posted by nelson I wish but I honestly do think it was intentional, .. Then I would be really really ticked. Clearly, she should not be working with young children. I do think that you are right to be concerned about your child experiencing an adult choosing shaming and exclusion as punishment - especially in a "teaching" environment. I would speak with the director of the program if there is one. Tell the director what...
"oops, you forgot DS" would probably work. I would assume, at this point, that she did not intentionally exclude anyone. Having a talk with her would be a good idea too. She may not have a clue and would probably really appreciate having feedback from parents. As a music teacher myself, it's really important to me to connect with children and their parents. I would absolutely want this feedback. It's quite possible, with the hustle and bustle of a busy music class...
Definitely a german woven wrap. I wore my heavy and tall daughter for years in a Storchenwiege. My Ellaroo was not as comfortable when she got to be your daughter's size.