or Connect

Posts by Fujiko

My kids are 1, 4, and 7, and we do 7:30, usually very strict about it. The oldest needs to be up by 6:40 am for school, and the other two get up then, too. We don't change on weekends or during school breaks because I think consistancy is really important. (They still get up pretty early but the older two know how to amuse themselves and stay out of trouble until my husband or I get up.) It works really well for everyone in our family.
My only school aged child (6 yo DD) goes to a four-day-a-week school, which runs from 8 am to 3:30, M-Th. I personally like it because we can do things like go to the zoo or museums on Friday when most other students are still in school, so it's not as crowded. Plus, if we were in that place in life where we could take weekend trips, we'd have a three day weekend every weekend. Yes, it does get hectic M-Th, and I've haven't figured out how to do church youth group yet with...
I would guess about $500 per month, including things like paper towels, tissues, toothpaste, etc. We are a family of 5. I cook most dinners from scratch (few convenience foods) and my husband and school-aged child almost always bring a pack lunch to work/school. We don't eat out much. We eat a lot less organic than we used to. Trying to keep costs down.
In all three of my pregnancies, DH goes to the 20 week ultrasound (which is usually the only ultrasound I have) and a couple of regular appointments, just to get familiar with the midwives. It only bothered me in my first pregnancy (for a lot of different reasons, like it was our first and we had just moved to a new state, away from family), but not enough that I got super upset about it. It doesn't phase me at all anymore. There really isn't a whole lot for him to bear...
Yes! I witnessed that just the other day, the first time I have ever in my three pregnancies! I had never heard of it before, and I thought I was crazy! So neat to hear of others witnessing it too.
Anybody else getting anxiety when they think about their impending birth?   I'm a mama of two. With the first I was induced (pre-e), had a full-on induction without an epidural where I pushed for an hour before we threw in the towel because my dd was poorly positioned and not going anywhere. Ended with a c-section. I was so excited to be a new mom, that I promptly forgot all about all the pain of labor (which I don't remember do be that bad, especially given the...
I feel like I could go at any time. I've been having pre-labor contractions for a few days (for me they are stronger than BH and I can feel my cervix changing, but they aren't terribly strong like full on labor contractions and they only happen every few hours or so) and I've been feeling off today, like I'm alternating starving and feeling slightly nauseated. I'll be 38 weeks on Wednesday and I'm hoping to hold off until then! (I don't want a Christmas baby, and I want...
My due date is now January 9th. :)
  Well, what you've said isn't the most accurate, either. You are correct that the human body could not survive without sodium. It is true. But that doesn't mean sodium in any form is fine and dandy. (Have you ever tried to eat pure sodium? I don't suggest it.) I'm pretty sure that you can't absorb a significant amount of sodium through the pits. At any rate, it's okay to be concerned with ingredients in care products, even if we aren't biochemists. And if we find...
 You're in my prayers. I had pre-e with my first and I know how it can be.