or Connect

Posts by coopsmama

My labor pattern is to start contracting early in the morning and have a baby some time in the night.  My first was an unmedicated hospital birth.  It was fine enough, but I felt like I was taken advantage of by my dr--as I was pushing he said "I know you don't want an episiotomy, but if you let me do one, he will be here in the next push."  I felt it was a low blow to ask a woman in that condition.  I "consented" and regret it.  I also had lots of bleeding with that one...
Name: Kristin EDD: January 20 #Pregnancy/baby: 5/4 Your age/age at the birth: 38/39 Family: DH, DS-9, DS-7, DS-3, Dog, 3 Cats, 40 Chickens How long did it take to get your BFP: We weren't trying to avoid--have been careless for quite a few months.  DH really wanted another, but I was on the fence--Had hoped to postpone a pg until the summer; I teach,and a late spring baby would be more convenient. However, that wasn't in the cards :) Birth plans: Third home...
I am a *very* infrequent poster, but this thread really caught my attention. I don't know if any of my ideas will help, but felt compelled to respond. First, it seems to me that your daughter has consistent access to your parents (a good thing), but that they are not primary care givers. So, she is around them enough to develop habits of behavior, but not enough to have to manage her actions differently (if, for instance, they were taking care of her every day). ...
Those look pretty cool, thanks for the suggestion.
I am desperately in need of some expert opinions. I have a 4 month old who is staying with his grandmother during the day. With my other two I was fortunate enough to SAH, but not this time. So, the little guy is getting big, and his grandmother is having a tough time carrying him (as he demands ). I currently use a Maya wrap with great success, and have a mei-tai that I don't love, but that is functional (ebay purchase 3 yrs ago). The problem is that his...
I do know that there is some sort of flu that is going around here--my brother has been having symptoms like you describe for over a week now (I know you don't want to hear it). He is hungry, eats, and then has stomach upset. He started out feeling fluey, but now feels fine other than the stomach thing. I would go see your Dr. I am staying away from him as much as possible because my midwife told me to up my caloric intake. Hugs! FWIW he is able to keep down bananas,...
A thought for those who are hesitant to purchase cloth, for my second I used a small (infant) prefold immediately post-partum. It worked great, no leaks and comfy. A bit bulky, yes, but I had them because I cloth diaper and wasn't going anywhere, so it was no big deal. Just a thought. ETA: Seems I missed the second page of this thread. Sorry for the double on the CPF idea--and washcloths--when you open up to cloth everything is fair game
I am certified to teach 1st through 12th because of oddities in my degree plan. However, I have never taught elementary primarily because I kept envisioning myself in the "lecturer" role. What I have found, though, is that secondary students (have taught everything but 10th) are basically just big elementary kids. Discussing literature is great, but they honestly need loads of work with writing, (at all levels really) so the grading is a huge factor. But, I love it. ...
I just wanted to chime in and give a hug and say that your dd is brilliant. Having said that, you will have heck parenting her for a while. I like the suggestions given. Could you let her play in the cabinets with pans, etc. Or stack the canned goods, or would she just beat herself with them? My ds ate lots of paper at that age, he loved it, magazines esp, and I tried to ignore my inner qualms about it. Not advice, just a btdt. Ds1 wasn't really happy until he...
Hi, I have BTDT. . .I kept a little girl for a friend of mine until last semester. I didn't entirely resent it, but it was difficult, and I much prefered having my mornings with ds uninterrupted. Now, I have a 5 week old, and things are challenging, but it is different. This #2 is my baby, and I can nurse him and sling him, and make my own choices about what to diaper him in, etc. And ds1 loves his baby brother. I figure life is going to be complicated for a while,...