or Connect

Posts by wytchywoman

You made me chuckle with your example. Someone else mentioned this as well. You can most certainly consequence that behavior, as all behaviors come with consequences. I know that time out is not necessarily considered gentle discipline by some place, but I think in this case it is way more gentle than me blowing my stack. I think we are getting hung up on semantics though. You use the word punishment and what i really hear you saying is consequence. Even gentle parenting...
There is a difference, Husband, between punishment and discipline. One is effective, the other is not, and discipline does not have to involve physical punishment at all in order to work. As for saying the word "no", I don't think anyone advised her not to use that word. What we did all recommend is to structure her environment and the child's schedule as to minimize the frequency of rebellious opportunities. Butting heads with a child consumes time and energy. Sometimes...
Welcome to the "2's". I agree with trying to prevent as much as you can. Do some major baby proofing because that will reduce the number of opportunities he has to call your bluff. For the things that can't be prevented....distraction, or ignoring it all together, is preferable to butting heads all day long. What he's doing is engaging in attention seeking behavior. Don't give him attention for it, and help him understand that there are plenty of positive ways to gain...
I'd be prepared for anything and everything. My dad has alzheimers and my mother just passed away. His moods swings were pretty bad before but now they are horrible and things can change in a matter of seconds. I just never seem to know what side of his personality I am dealing with lately. She definitely will need support, probably more than you would be capable of giving her. if hospice is already involved I would speak to whoever is assisting them so that they can...
I REALLY like the stainless steel lunch kits as well. What I like best is all your variety!!!!! this goes way beyond packing lunches.
Cats Cradle, whenever anyone starts off a post with directly citing another member and it says something along the lines of "not trying to pick on you but..." then I think it's reasonable to expect that the member might have an issue with it. If it wasn't directed at me, then why bring my name into it?  
I don't think you interpreted my comment correctly and I also think you're making a lot of snap assumptions and judgements about me based on three sentences that I wrote. How could you possibly know me well enough to judge me like that? I don't find it unacceptable to eat with my hands, but I sure as heck am not going to pay out the wazoo to do it. If I'm going to eat with my hands then I'll go to a street vendor and pay $5 and eat that meal with my hands. Sitting in a...
My older son was born with blonde hair and had a good bit of it but definitely not THAT much hair. He's gorgeous!!!!
The minute any employer hits me anywhere on my body is the minute I quit. On the spot. I would rather work at McDonalds or Circle K before I will stick around with someone who has physically assaulted me. Not ok, ever.
I'd be fine eating with my hands, but I wouldn't be willing to pay a high ticket restaurant bill to do it. If they want to serve it in disposable plastic cups and such, then they probably should charge a low price for the food, just like they would on the street. When I go to a fine dining restaurant, I expect to pay a lot of money, but I also expect to get silverware and real plates and glasses.