or Connect

Posts by wytchywoman

I don't get the "weird taste in the mouth" thing after a nap, but I do wake up with a headache and feeling dehydrated. Almost feels like a hangover, and this never happens to me at night, so I definitely think something happens to the body during a nap that doesn't happen during the night.
Hildare I am not in any way shape or form saying that racism doesn't exist in our society. I understand that quite clearly. Now do I think it's ok that people of color are disproportionately represented in the CJ field? Of course not. I recognize the over representation. I recognize the lack of appropriate social and economic resources. I recognize the lack of a decent education. Are all of those combined a large influence on crime rates? Yes they are. I refuse to...

I don't entirely disagree with you, but I don't think you are going to win anyone over to your way of thinking with the way you word things either. Perhaps saying something along the lines of " What do you think you can do personally, to help eliminate this problem from society?"  I think (and correct me if I'm wrong) that was the main point of your statement, but the way it came across was pretty rude. If you don't care about that then so be it, if you do care and want...
I'm not sure I understand where your anger is coming from. Ramama and I are essentially on the same page as you are. The only other thing I can add is this, prisoners have lost their freedom as a natural consequence to their actions. There may be a few people who genuinely did not understand that what they were doing was illegal, but even the most uneducated person understands that if you sell drugs, commit a violent act, steal expensive items, etc....you will be...
My guy starts fifth grade next week. It's his final year in Elementary School and I am having a really hard time dealing with it, lol. I am downright afraid of what 6th grade will bring, so I am doing all I can to just focus on THIS year and leave next year to sort out when it arrives. I would like it very much though if we could call a moratorium on all kids growing up. No more of that please! ;-)
  to what StephandOwen said.   Visitation should be based on a reasonable schedule for your child's age and needs. Even men who don't pay one red penny in child support still get to see their kids. not necessarily fair, but that's the way the law works.Cheating, drama, ex girlfriends etc....should not be part of the equation unless you believe he has someone in his life who is not healthy for your son to be around. And even then you can request that the visits take place...
You're right, I could go to an ER, and rack up a gigantic bill that I can't afford to pay. That's not much of an option. And yes, I worked for a charter school. SO basically it was privatized education, big freaking mistake. Trust me, I figured that out after about two weeks on the job. Yes, public schools provide insurance, usually because it's a stipulation from the NEA. It's getting crappier and crappier as each school year passes on, primarily because of cuts to the...
I'm definitely surprised, given the poll ratings. I guess it has to do with the fields I chose to go into. Teaching and Social Services don't pay worth a crap, even if you work for the govt. I work 40 hrs a week and I gross at just under $30,000. I suppose if you have someone working in the IT field or Business or Economics then salaries would be much higher. And if you have 2 earners then I guess I can see where it would be over $100,000. I guess I underestimated the...
The only thing I can counter that with is that they still get seen. Even if it is by an RN, even if it's crappy health care, it's still health care. I, who worked as a teacher, helping to educate and guide our young citizens, got zilch in the way of health care. Nada. Again, some types of health care may be crappy, but I can guarantee you speaking from experience, that crappy is better than nothing. I don't think anyone fantasizes about how great life is in prison,...