or Connect

Posts by wytchywoman

For starters, there is a difference between voicing a legitimate concern and bashing the USA. I like my country very much, but I refuse to be blindly patriotic and live in denial about the problems our country has. As for moving to Canada (or someplace else)...why should I be forced to immigrate? Why can't our county spend money on it's own citizens, for things that it's own citizens need and have asked for. As a PP mentioned 64%  of our citizens want universal health...
I would be gobsmacked if the average was $60-100 K. Many of the families on here are single income families, either because they are single parents or because one parent stays home with the child. That's a lot of money for one person to make each year.
Why? Is it because the govt screws up most of what it touches? I agree that there will be issues, some of the significant, with govt run healthcare. But having to make the choice between govt run health care and no health care at all, I'll take my chances with the govt. It's better than nothing.
Do you have any sources to back you on this? This sounds like a pretty big assumption to me.   Ramama, people like your cousin are disconcerting to me too, but even in her case I don't mind paying taxes to support her, simple because I want her kids to have a chance at health and a decent life. Her three children never asked to be brought into a world and raised by someone who consistently makes poor choices, and when I hear people complain about medicaid and food...
I'd like to know too. Can you post a link to your blog
Thank you to all of you. I appreciate the support you have given me. I am putting one foot in front of the other, but it is so hard. I always knew that losing her would be hard, but I had no idea it would hurt THIS bad. I know it won't hurt like this forever, but when you are feeling it so intensely it seems like it could never get better. 
She had been on a ventilator for four months, and she was dying by centimeters and she and everyone else knew that this was the end. She was not going to get better and her body was deteriorating. So she made the decision to die peacefully and on her own terms. They disconnected the ventilator at noon on Wednesday, and she passed away at 9:15 am yesterday.My siblings and my dad and I were with her the whole time, and while it was the most difficult day I have ever had to...
I don't know if this is helpful to you or not, but I cook everything in cast iron. I don't own any other kind of pan.
I ma having a whole host of health struggles that I think are food related. I'm already GF and (mostly) DF but I am beginning to think I am going to have to drop eggs, all dairy and all grains as well. And beans. I have no idea what I am going to eat anymore. Anyways....last night I had some slightly cooked spinach, roasted beets and a little bit of goat cheese on top. It was tasty, and the goat cheese made me sneeze and made my nose run, lol!
What is the possibility that  you can make large batches of what your son DOES like and freeze them so that you have on hand what he will eat? That way you can make a smaller portion of whatever it is you want to eat, and he still gets fed with little fuss. My older son lived off of mac and cheese and pb and J's for a very long time. It literally is all he would eat, so that's what I fed him. Not a well balanced diet by any stretch of the imagination, but I supplemented...