or Connect

Posts by wytchywoman

Thank you Nikarolaberry :-) I will check those sites out.
Thank you to both of you for your responses. I did not know that about zinc so I will discuss this with his dr. A friend at work also mentioned magnesium and that could be a possibility as well. I've no doubt that my son has vitamin and mineral deficiencies because he eats a grant total of 5-6 foods, almost all of which are white flour carb based foods. Aside from health issues, he also has autism and sensory processing disorders and food is a huge source of anxiety for...
Hey mamas, It's been so long since I've been in this section. I hope you and your kiddos are doing well. As for me and my kiddos, things are not good. I've posted about my older son who has weight issues and a hard time fighting off colds, but he's run the gammut of tests and aside from needing vit D supplementation and an insane amount of calories each day, they couldn't really find anything wrong with him. So now it's the younger son's turn. Up until October, he...
Exactly! I guess I can see where the assumption comes from, but I don't think assumptions are ever really a good thing, in either your case or mine. Patience and Love, as stupid as this may sound I hadn't even considered asking for a refund. I'm going to contemplate that for a bit. If this were a walmart or target issue, I'd have no problem asking for my money back, but I am a bit reluctant given that this is a small, mama owned company. I try hard to support the little...
FWIW I think you are doing the right thing as well. Honestly, she sounds like she is either severely mentally ill and not seeking treatment or she is using drugs (heavily and frequently). Neither is a good scenario to have to deal with. ((((HUGS)))) to you.
Frugalmama, I understand your concern, but on the other hand your friend needs to be seeking help for this if he is not. I also suffer from PTSD and have flashbacks. Triggers are common and are everywhere in society for me, and I don't ever feel like I have the right to ask someone to not wear something or look a certain way because it causes flashbacks or makes me uncomfortable. Those are my issues that I have to own and confront and deal with. If he is have PTSD...
Mrs. Bone, I dress modestly for personal reasons as well. My skirts are almost always down to the ankle and I pick tops that don't show cleavage or are super tight. I also cover my hair most of the time. All of this is just based on personal preferences and comfort levels. I don't like people looking at my body.
That was one of the things I ordered. I'm really disappointed. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she has a family emergency or whatever, but seriously, does she not at least check her email once a week?  
Has anyone had any experience with Garlands of Grace. I purchased several headbands from her almost a month ago and have not received them. I emailed her a week ago to see what the status was and haven't heard anything back. I'm starting to get a bit frustrated at this point. Does it always take this long?
Hopefully the school followed through with a call to CPS and reported her, that is the standard for most daycares. I understand that this mother is overwhelmed BUT a)  she is overwhelmed because she won't seek help for child who is quite possibly a special needs child AND b) many mothers get overwhelmed and need a break and don't get one. You can NOT abandon your child because you need a break. You just CAN'T. There are consequences that go hand in hand with that if...