or Connect

Posts by mumkimum

I've used various combos of greek or regular yogurt/sour cream/purchased (Hellman's) mayo for similar recipes myself.  Most often I use half yogurt/half sour cream OR 1 cup of either plus 1-2 tbsp of Mayo.  I think you could also add a few dashes of some kind of herb seasoning/paprika to add more flavor (like Miracle Whip has).
Considering the kids no longer require me to sometimes forego my bath or shower -- I try to get 1 good bath in a week (like nice, hot, with salts and EO's that I don't get rushed out of by anyone). Ideally, I put some kind of hair mask on before this (during which I quick-clean the bathroom, so I can enjoy a clean bathroom at the same time).  I really like Burt's Bees avocado hair mask - my hair is much dryer than ever.  This makes it a tad sleeker and smooth and lovely to...
I go pretty hard on the coffee in general myself - but I do try to give myself a week or so off from time to time.  I can't go cold turkey anymore doing this - most often I'll drink green tea the first few days and then I can let it go and I find that helps the worst of the headaches (plus extra epsom salt baths - seems to help achiness, maybe helps detox? I like to think so anyway).   Good luck with your detox OP - hope it helps you feel better!  There are some herbal...
I knew someone (as the kid) who had been doing this in high school.  I believe they were billed out of resident tuition and she left the school (to attend the one she was supposed to be in).   Usually IF you do want to attend a school outside of your district lines, there are ways to allow it along the proper channels.  Usually waiting past resident enrollment and paying an out-of-district tuition of some kind.  Otherwise you're kindof setting yourself up to get found...
My 3 y/o dd has reactive airway disease (I've been told they don't diagnose it as asthma until over age 5) - and we have pretty much the same treatment plan for her as earthmama4 describes (she takes Zyrtec daily, Qvar during peak seasons - we have inhalers & a nebulizer. . etc.).  She does happen to have food allergies as well, but the breathing issues with the reactive airway have been mainly around a virus or she has spurned on an attack during an almost-tantrum (where...
  Well, hoping that things in general improve from here for you (and your kiddo).     We have 1 kid with several food allergies (nuts/peas/green beans).  These are certainly less pervasive than wheat but we do sometimes have peanut butter or nuts in the house.  I keep those things separate and in a designated spot (where dd2 - the one with the allergy) won't accidentally get them herself.  She also knows to ask if foods are safe for her or not (particularly certain...
Yeah, good to keep pressing the school.  You'll find the most comprehensive ideas about helping him there.   But on your own, lots of hobby-types of activities have redeeming intellectual value and can be useful for helping him feel challenged and you don't need a lesson plan for them: crosswords (for vocabulary), logic problems, sudoku, playing chess.  Lots of these get used in school's gifted programs for that very reason.  Librarians might have some good...
Well, our morning issues seem to very often stem from people dragging out or refusing breakfast (you know, so they're cranky and hungry while we're in a hurry too).  When I haven't kept my calm among all this either, I try hard to rally us together to do a bit that night to get ready for the morning together, or work harder to get going that 5 minutes sooner with the resolve to make a slightly more exciting breakfast that day (which usually motivates my dd's too) - as an...
Well, some of this feels like stuff that went on for me between myself and MIL. . .    It's a lot better now (and probably wasn't as all-over dramatic as your relative, OP, in the first place).  But I distanced myself at first.  We did a little less together, I didn't push for it like I did before the troubles (like I felt I was 'supposed to' since, you know - we're relatives and all).   I also refused to argue and gave up trying to explain myself whenever there was a...
These vitaminshttp://www.naturalhealthyconcepts.com/childrens-chewable-vitamins-100.html may actually work out for you. Haven't used them myself, though. I was going to suggest looking at the Nordic natural berries - we used them briefly and I believe they were orange flavored, but you'd want to look into it closer, I'm sure. I do know there are also non-berry favors of the kids emergen-c powders. Not always a comprehensive vitamin, but might be good to look at those...