or Connect

Posts by mumkimum

A few years ago I was plagued by stinging, pain, and general discomfort for months - perhaps similar to your situation OP?  My OB didn't find anything out of the ordinary and I went off to see what I could find to help myself.     The most helpful things I used were coconut oil and tea tree oil.  I'd use the coconut oil most of the time, and I used either a tea tree ointment (or  tea tree oil directly on one of my fingers if there was a lot of discomfort since it was...
I've never done that - but dd likes me to squeeze a bit of lemon juice over her apples sometimes when she brings them to school.  I usually do if we've got extra lemons or bottled lemon juice around.  I'd guess that's the same - it lessens browning (and adds a nice tartness as well).      Does the salt water really affect the taste, though?  It sounds like a peculiar combo of flavors..
Some ideas my kids have gone for that might work out for you:   spinach oatmeal - This was a long-running joke we made up, initially, but is basically regular oatmeal with cinnamon and a small handful of chopped baby spinach thrown in.  It's totally tasteless though (the spinach).  IF you added blueberries also, I bet you wouldn't even notice the spinach as much.   Beans as a snack - this is best with beans from scratch, and I recommend either white or pintos....
I'm assuming that you had been recommended the soy milk because your family is vegetarian in the first place?  I'd guess in that case it was for the calcium and vitamin D or  the B12 (those are all specific things our ped's sometimes have brought up with the kids being vegetarian).  If you have other sources for those, and nobody is crazy into drinking soy milk, I think you're fine to let it go.    That's my take on it.  We rarely do soy milk (or other milks) ourselves.
Depending on how your ds creates his own lawn-equipment toys - something like miniatures with lawn equipment-type items (I think playmobil makes some, or I might have seen some of the Ryan's Room style dollhouse toys) with little people might be interesting for him, and still leave room for him to create stuff for himself?     Think of it like how artists, etc. make models of their work before creating 'the real thing'.  I know my kids LOVE this kind of play - it...
Have a similar friend or two - my feeling (for my friends, at least) is that it's about costume a bit and, say, stepping into a more extraordinary life.   (I feel the same about, say, a fantastic dessert I might sit down to with coffee when nobody else is home in comparison).     I go in more for 'ooh, got a great deal on an extra pair of birkenstocks to wear out!'.  And then wear them out and feel sad, and have to search of another great and perfectly...
Any table, pretty much, except the one in front of the tv.  We actually keep that one clear (it's small-ish, that probably helps).     I spent several years searching for a great round pedestal dining table, with a leaf, that fit our budget.  Found one (will eventually or one day repaint, since it has marker on it - but I didn't really care for now, the kids can just get more marker on it now and I won't care for a few years, so it can be a stress-free piece of...
Little changes:     What if he was able to have hot cereals (think: oatmeal, quinoa, millet - all can get done in a mini-crockpot for convenience too) - or eat these cooled with milk & fruit, instead of the cold, processed cereal.  What about mildly 'higher quality' cold cereals like simply puffed grains, or maybe grape nuts (which happens to have a lot of protein, in comparison to others).   Hummus or bean dips to go with the raw veggies at lunch?  (wait, did...
My children are really similar with their habits & have pretty much always been this way.  I work hard not to make eating a fight, and as long as they do what they can to try/eat close to half of a meal I've served them they 'don't like' and are being polite about the food,  I trust that they're eating what they need (because I feel like we keep an ok-balanced range of foods around).   When they start acting pickier - I do the same as you (and put out stuff like...
I think what you're doing is great. I'd launder it with extra rinses, maybe a cycle with vinegar only? And I'd probably do at least 2 washes. I've found smoking odors usually do come out of clothes fine with any kind of extra attention.