or Connect

Posts by Demeter9

I can speak for myself. I'm not blaming the victim. I am blaming her for attacking my brother and getting him stabbed for the crime of stopping her boyfriend from whipping her with a belt on the street. Yes, I do have a hard time understanding it. This doesn't have anything to do with the "dynamic" of abuse. There is understanding the dynamic of abuse, and then there is understanding someone who fights to maintain it. Literally. I am impressed with men who...
I see my good friends a couple of times every couple of months. Usually, we invite people with children over for breakfast/brunch in the morning. Before naps of all the children start, but still a time of the day when people can still get other things done. I work. I've got three children. I own a home. I have to travel to go from one to the other. I have a husband. Thankfully, my friends are very understanding. And I am the person that they all know the if...
I do have issues with clutter and disorganization. As I put in the thread to Lisa, the main issue is dealing with in negative internal dialogue that comes with cleaning for me. I have easily lived in squalor before. With roommates, with an ex. When I'm by myself, I am just fine. In relation to other in a household, things go down hill. Keeping up with being only mildly disorganized and cluttered is an ongoing project for me. Trying to learn to re-sort my...
People with problems keeping up with the floors! I'd get this, but again the DH has a thing about it. (his issue is that they might upset his asthma.) Roomba, Scooba. http://www.irobot.com/ There is one of these that is more industrial and would fit the DH's specs but it costs a ton, so it is on my "one day" wish list. And this: http://www.robotshop.ca/home/product...ots/index.html
By myself, I would be between a one to a two on bad months. Maybe. (I won't rate what I was like when I was a teenager. ) With DH we aren't even a one. DH's mom owns and operates a cleaning service. My DH's idea of clean and organized is significantly higher than mine. As in, if I don't wring the cloth out enough when wiping the counters and leave any water behind he comes behind me muttering about bacteria. (you can imagine how well this goes over with...
Like most unpleasnt things in the human world, if it didn't have a consumer base it wouldn't exist. Human traffickers, and the people who buy humans should be an immediate death sentence. The destruction and horror they wreck is too awful. There is no punishment that could be enough, but I'm willing to back the one that makes this unbearably difficult. The raise the cost to the final buyer past the point it is worth it to them.
Quote: Originally Posted by thatblondegirl aww! what a good, sweet man you have for even attempting to intervene. not a lot of people would. a friend of mine witnessed a man beating the crap out of his girlfriend at a bus stop. my friend (this was when we were 19) in turn went after the guy and basically beat him up. my friend ended up in jail for 18mths for assault. the GIRL actually got him arrested and they pressed charges against him. the...
Perhaps this was just the Universes way of giving you what you needed. A couple of days to get in order.
I am glad that you take reponsibility. I am even more glad that you have your children back. If there are people in your area who can help you please take it. The idea of one person doing it all by themselves is NEW, and surely a product of the pioneer background of North America. I have issues with cleaning. I hear stuff in my head while I'm cleaning. Nasty things, that I know have been said to me before. Nasty things that my DH thinks. And my house isn't...
: Between that picture and the one of your son a couple of months ago, I wouldn't be surprised if we have a common ancestor in the not too too distant past. We get around.