or Connect

Posts by puzzleRN

Here's the story: DS#3 was born Jul 2011 and my period returned June 2012 when he was 11 months.  I had 4 or so periods about 5 weeks apart until Nov 2012.  That period was longer than usual (5-6 days of normal period bleeding followed by 5 days of spotting).  I have not had a period since (it's been 10 wks).  I've had two negative pregnancy tests since Nov and have zero pregnancy symptoms.  DS#3 is currently breastfeeding 3-4 times a day and not at night (at least...
My just turned five year old is reading like crazy--I have no idea what reading level, just everything and anything he can get his hands on.  He's read a few chapter book series (Catwings, Magic Tree House, etc) but I'm concerned about finding books that are stimulating for him academically but yet not too much for him in other ways.  I don't know that I want him reading books about children 3 or 4 years older than him.  I'd like to preserve the innocence of his...
One of these would be perfect with a new baby on the way and two toddlers to chase after. I think more men in advertisements doing normal things while baby wearing and not just looking like fancy models would encourage more men to babywear.  Non-feminine patterns and easy adjustability between parents are also key.
 My SIL had a c-section 9 yrs ago because her son was breech and had a prolapsed cord.  She's had two successful VBAC's and is expecting again this summer (it will be 5 yrs since her last birth).  She keeps talking about how she is super high risk and is worried about uterine rupture so she needs a fancy hospital, etc and I think she's over-reacting a bit.  Does anyone know if the risk of uterine rupture decreases over time?  Any one have good articles/ books that talk...
my dh and i are planning to spend 8 wks in kenya this summer--i'll be 21-29 wks pregnant with our first baby . any suggestions to make the trip easier? also, does anyone know of a mw/ob in nairobi?