or Connect

Posts by petit_bleuet

Big old, "ME TOO!" I actually bought maternity capris yesterday. Didn't want to but the fact of the matter is my "fat" clothes aren't cutting it. I've got maybe another week or two tops in the capris that are a size too big (waist fits, bum and thighs hang). If the weather ever gets consistently warmer I'll be set, I have plenty of dresses and skirts I'll be able to wear through the end of the school year. I needed something casual that fits for summer. Today I'm...
Siri made me think of TomKat's Suri, so it's a no-go for me. And Ruby's had too many poppy songs of late ("Ruby Soho" by Rancid, "Ruby" by the Kaiser Chiefs) and the whole "Max and Ruby" thing. I know there was a character on Friends named Phoebe but I never watched Friends so I don't make that association and therefore voted Phoebe. Not to mention I know an awesome Phoebe.
Ugh. I'm doing OK for the moment (fingers crossed!) but everyone feeling green has my sympathy! I think I was between 6-7 weeks when I learned I was pregnant with DS, he was a surprise. And I learned because the m/s arrived. Here I am in week 6-7 again and really nervous.
My son's pregnancy was a surprise and came about 6 months after having lost 40 pounds. I was horrified that I would gain all the weight back. My m/w suggested I gain between 25-35 pounds and I ended up gaining a total of 31, right within the suggested range. Whew! Huge relief. What I didn't anticipate was the amazing boost breastfeeding gave to my metabolism! My son was born late December and by mid-summer I was at my all time adult lowest weight! I wasn't actively...
Dr. Sears says on page 171 of the 1997 edition of The Pregnancy Book to keep your heart rate below 140 beats per minute. He continues that exercise physiologists recommend between 120 and 140 for cardio depending on age. He also offers up the talking test (if you can't talk comfortably you're probably exercising too hard) and also reminds women to listen to their bodies like NekeT said. He recommends stopping immediately if you encounter "dizziness, faintness,...
I was ticked off, obviously, but largely over it. Hackles are still a little raised but after having been on a very mainstream board when my son was born and ridiculed and told I made others uncomfortable with my parenting style, I really don't warm to the idea of now being told I'm too mainstream to play here (where I've been visiting since 2003). Thanks for your apology, intime0. RoseRed 100% ITA. I had a milkshake for dinner. It was made with 1% milk and 1/2...
I teach 7th and 8th grade information literacy and technology. I think the lesson is brilliant. Would I have used it in my middle school classroom? Nah, I think it sounds like a perfect 9-10th grade lesson. Just for contrast sake, my 8th graders research artists (they rotate from my class to art and the art teacher and I have a collaborative lesson that takes material from my class and incorporates it into hers). Before I turn the students loose to begin gathering...
Quote: Originally Posted by intime0 But see that is EXACTLY what I was trying to say...Mothering doesnt promote a mainstream way of life, but a different way...BUT this BOARD (MOTHERING magazine) is for a more natural way of doing things... I'm glad to hear that in your completely non-conformist life nobody raises their brows about any of your parenting practices. In my life, family and friends have both considered me completely fringe for...
I had my son at 2:01 p.m. on the 23rd and we weren't released until around 5:00 p.m. on the 25th. He's aspirated meconium and had a slight fever so they suggested we stay an extra day just so they could keep an eye on him. I was fine with it so we stayed (he roomed, WHO baby-friendly hospital, all around good experience so I didn't mind).
I did it and ended up with 3rd degree tears. However I blame that on the Pitocin my m/w gave me after 5 hours of pushing (ugh) and not the massage.