or Connect

Posts by mami2f3

i'm posting to help my girlfriend. her dh is doing coke all of a sudden. He's had some loss (mom died a few weeks ago, friend dying), but he's started doing coke and lying and not coming home and not talking to the kids...etc, etc. So we were talking about what she needs to do to protect herself and the kids. I told her to open her own bank account and get all her money out before it's used for coke. But what else? If she changes the locks, is there any way to legally...
Yeah, and the Y...how does that work? We all need the inside scoop. Details, please?
Anyone have any good recs? Friends who were happy with their divorce lawyer? I need to find someone good ASAP. Thanks all!
Yep. That's the book. Anne Lamott. It's fiction, but based in reality.  It just made me not feel so alone or crazy in my feelings.    Finding a therapist is so hard when you are already down and struggling. There should be a way easier way to get help when you need it. First, look at your insurance, if you have it. If not, search for a sliding scale clinic. Call your OB office and ask for a name. Then just go for it and go. There's no way to really pick until you meet and...
I think you are getting double hit too. That ppd is really awful. I can't imagine going through it and a break up at the same time. I am so glad you are going to a therapist. Go. Please go and commit to going. You really need support and it really will help. I really like the book "operating instructions." Though there is some sadness in it, it helped me a lot when I had ppd. So many of your feelings are so familiar to me. I really hope you can go through with seeing...
I don't have any answers. I'm still struggling with getting over it. I wonder if I ever will. But I hope some mamas here have wisdom for us...
We've had things pretty chaotic too (moving 5 times in the past 2.5 years), so I don't really have advice. I just want you to know you are not alone. Maybe a distinct bedtime routine? the same exact 6 steps in getting ready for bed? I do think you are right about having routines gives a sense of security. Maybe also something along the lines of 'it doesn't matter where we are, when we are together it is home for us'? Not sure, but hope you'll get some good advice...
I'm so livid and disappointed and I don't know what to do. The guy who runs the after school program just let me know that as he was leaving he saw my boys, 8 and 10, drinking sodas. He said it's not the first time. My kids are not allowed to have sodas...pretty much at all. I have allowed a rootbeer float about 2 times a year and they've had a gingerale a few times (well, that I had known of...). But mostly, they don't get soda. So not only did they get one, behind my...
A child at school (actually two kids have said it) called my son, "mexican burrito" and then "shut up, mexican burrito". I emailed the teacher after my son told me this weekend. The principal this morning said he would work on it (or something like that, I was late for work). So I get an email saying he followed up, it's unacceptable and the child lost recess. It said I should let them know if it continues.   I am not at all satisfied with this response, but then I...
Oh the garbage bag thing: I did at one point shove a bunch of extra empty bags down in the bottom of the can before I put the bag in. Then when I take out the full bag, there's one down below to start fresh with. I'm not consistent but it works for a while...   And I absolutely cherish the support I get from my family! Even if it's once a month, it seriously feels like so much more help than I got with ex. And less judgement. I wish for you someone like this will pop...