or Connect

Posts by kerpav

Hi guys, Been away a while--sorry, Maiasaura that you are having the same issues over and over again with P3. Sad to say, pretty much the same story for me. I've been back and forth with this for the last year, just like you. It worked...for a while. And then it didn't. It really didn't. I kept gaining in P3, no matter what I tried.   I don't want to knock this diet too hard because I know how committed you all are....BUT I have to say that for me it turned...
Thanks for the reply greenmagick--yes, I did a full round in the fall/winter of last year, but when I went on P4 my weight kept inching up and up, slowly but surely. Of course the holidays had something to do with that! I feel like I need a life with absolutely no distractions or temptations to get through and entire round sucessfully--but that just ain't gonna happen!   I have been careful lately and am holding steady for the past 3 days, so that's good!   I was also...
I am ordering that Taubes book tonight! Meant to do that a while ago...   I love beans, too, and they are so nutritious! I think this is one thing that is really bugging me about this--the restrictions on foods like that that are really good for you. Maybe I'll understand more after I read that book. All I know is it is not so cut and dry for me to maintain just by limiting carbs/sugars/starches and bulking up on protein.   As for proteins, I do eggs, fish,...
Thanks for the support Maiasaura I really stayed kosher on P2 this last time, although it was a short round of about 20 days. I really thought I had this down pat, that I had finally discovered a way to maintain my weight, & that as long as I was very careful with sugar and starch I would have minimal gains.   However I did add in things more quickly this time than in my first round---but they were all foods that ended up being okay for maintenance last time.  So I...
Can someone please help me here? I have been on P3 for 3 weeks now and am up 8 lbs! I didn't weigh myself regularly the first 2 weeks (I was away) but did just what I had done with success before--eating a high protein, no starch/sugar diet. I started weighing daily a few days ago and each day I am up 1-1.5 lbs. I just don't know why. This is round 3 for me--I stabilized okay my first round, second round I didn't stick to P3 foods only so gained some back but really have...
So today was last VLCD for me---I went 24 hours without Hhcg, and now it's P3! I hope that was long enough to get the hcg out of my system, I think so....I just couldn't wait any longer.    I just can't do long rounds any more. I lost 11.5 lbs in 18 days, and I am really happy with that. :) But between lightheadedness, crankiness, and social outings it just is too hard. So much harder than that first round was for me. But I really didn't cheat this time! So I had...
Quote:  Congratulations Sharlla!!! I admire all of you guys who have lost so much and stuck with this! If you have any advice to share, bring it on! As I wrote before I've had a hard time sticking to P2 when in stressful or unexpected social situations.     I think that was Mary3Mama?     Today, Day2 VLCD I am 151.2, down 3 pounds. So I'm off to a good start on this round! So far not too hungry or cranky.     
I'll have to look for that book in the library, Maiasaura. Sounds very interesting. I am sure you are on the right track with the connection between the power of the agro industry and the push for carbs in the American diet.  And I know for me when I eat P3 strictly I just maintain with ease. I am hoping that I'll be able to identify particular foods that make me pack on pounds so quickly---do you find that it's more bread/rice/pasta for you? Or sugary stuff? What about...
Hi everyone!  I am back after not posting here for a few months. I've had my ups and downs with this program, but where I really went astray was in April. I did a 30 day round and had moderate losses in March, then was on P3 for just one week before leaving for Europe...nuff said! After a few days of trying to stick to P3 foods only, I started adding too many carbs (way too much bread and cheese!) and came back after 2 weeks with a 5 lb gain. THEN I resolved to go right...
I am done too Clovergirl! So done! I stayed on P2 too long, I think, in hopes of losing more. In the end I only lost about 14 lbs in 40 days (although it would have been a more successful round if I hadn't gone off several times). But really for the last few weeks my weight has barely budged! It just seems like my body was rejecting this or something after the firt few successful weeks. So anyway I just started on P3 and am feeling a lot better. I only gave myself 24...