or Connect

Posts by Dukey25

I have an 8, 5 and 3 yr old and our house is loud. I find they are only quiet when the tv is on.
I like to think of my life in moments. Some moments look like I have it all together, other moments look like I am on the verge of a breakdown. But the reality is a little of both it just depends on the snapshot you glimpse. Everything you see online is what someone wants you to see and doesn't necessarily represent their true reality. I find that when I reveal that I don't have it all together people around me do the same and then we can all relax and connect and learn...
My son does this too although he is not a strong reader so I thought that it might just be his eyes/brain getting use to reading. He has had his eyes checked so it is not a sight issue. I have suspected seasonal allergies since is was 2 (he is now 7) because he has always had summer eczema and congestion in the summer but I think he does this always when reading and not just this time of year. Hmmmmm.
He sounds a lot like my DD. She is not as violent but she will do whatever behavior will push your buttons. She will scream when the baby is sleeping, throw things, dump clean laundry etc. A turning point for me was when I found she could deal with frustration in a socially acceptable way at school but at home she tantrums. I know that transition and anxiety are triggers for my daughter so I try to minimize that. I try to predict changes to the schedule and routine and...
My DD idolized her big brother so wearing is old superman undies were a big hit. I have found that the boys briefs fit nicer than girls undies and will prob. be easier to get on and off for little hands. If anyone bugs you about it you could offer that up. If you want to be more girly pair boys pants with a pink shirt or whatever. I have found that boys pants are more comfy and they girls stuff is narrower. I have two boys and a girl and things get passed around....
I just wanted to send hugs your way. I have no life saving sage advice but I do get what it is like to have a horrific sleeper. I don't think there is a magic pill but know that it does get better. My first two were bad sleepers and if they didn't nap they were insane but getting them asleep and stay asleep ruled my life. People didn't understand why I couldn't just (fill in the blank). I wish you peace and strength.  
I have yet to read all the reply's but I am eager to. I live this situation as well and while I want to say not in my house I am hesitant because I would like to continue a limited relationship with my siblings family so that when their kids are old enough they will have a safe place to run to.
I have no helpful advice but I have found that for me 4 is the hardest age.
It is nice to know I am not the only one dealing with this. We use Lansoyl and it helps soften it so it doesn't hurt so much. We also have the issue where she won't go because she is afraid it will hurt so then when she finally does go it hurts and the cycle continues. I have been trying to feed her full of fruit and tracking her BM and if it has been more that 2 days I inform her that she has to go today and then I really encourage and we read stories in the bathroom...
I have found that baby #1 rocked my world. He insisted on being held all the time, refused to nap or sleep alone and changed my life completely. With baby #2 I was most affected by the guilt because they don't get as much one on one time and your world doesn't revolve around them. I felt like someone was always not getting they attention they deserved and someone was always waiting or needing me when I was helping someone else. With baby #3 I was able to submit....