or Connect

Posts by MelissaEvans

Of the names listed, I know most of them (myself being amongst them). This is not why any of them left. I would love to know who of the list is accused as such.     
Ha! I finished the book and (most of) this thread! I "took notes" on my way through, and some of these are from the beginning of the thread; please forgive me. And I didn't track who wrote 'em. Sorry. Quote: I wasn't happy with the way the Goblin thing came out. At the end of the Battle of Hogwarts, everyone is running around all deliriously sad and happy at the same time--house-elves, giants, everyone together. But no goblins. I felt badly that the goblin...
Thank you for your input! (And once I get the password to the FTP site, I'll get the changes up! =) )
I finally got my web site up and running. I have a "resources" section and in it there's a pretty long blurb on circ. If you have any input, I'd appreciate it! Belly Beginnings - Circ
Quote: Originally Posted by bigeyes 'you shouldn't even be telling people you're pregnant! You don't even know if it's going to survive. You could miscarry.' WTF? I'm a Bradley teacher; one of my couples had a dad who told them "not to count their chickens until their hatched" and wouldn't acknowledge the pregnancy - even in the late 3rd trimester. I guess the baby didn't exist until he was born.
Quote: Originally Posted by AGlimmeringHope Then a former co-worker of mine and DH's worked at Old Navy and I was there buying clothes. I was good friends with her, but after she lied to my mother (about my sex life no less!) and tried to convince me DH was cheating on me, I can't stand her anymore. She saw dd in the sling (and was pregnant herself): her: "is that really safe?" me: "it's perfectly safe, she's well supported" her: "that baby could fall...
Quote: Originally Posted by Doodadsmom Maybe you could use xylitol instead? I think it's supposed to have some of the same properties without being toxic. Thank you. I've started doing some reasearch on helping teeth heal and made sure that's in the toothpaste. How is the rest of our bodies can heal, but not our teeth? It just doesn't make sense to me. When I mentioned this to the DDS he said he didn't know but it kept him busy... then a...
My 15mo's top teeth are decaying, so I talked to a dentist. "Does he nurse at night or do you let him rest?" ?? It's not like I wake him up to eat. "We do both." Thankfully I he didn't push for weaning so I didn't have to fight/ignore him. At the visit, he gives me some flouride treatment. "More isn't better." No kidding! You handed me a bottle of poison to put on my baby's teeth when he won't keep his mouth open and doesn't understand not to eat it! The bottle's still...
Quote: Originally Posted by triscuitsmom I wonder if people just forget how big (their) babies are? My closest Mother friend (most of my friends are childless) showed up (uninvited/unannouced : ) when T was 2.5 days old. She held him and told me how little he was and how her daughter was much bigger (and stronger of course : ) I pointed out that he was almost a half a pound heavier than her at birth AND he only ever lost 1 ounce, whereas they had a lot of...
So, I'm never buying Jello again. But from that article, it says "Special kinds of gelatin are made only from certain animals or from fish (known as K-gelatin) in order to comply with Jewish kosher or Muslim halal laws. Vegetarians and vegans may substitute similar gelling agents such as agar, nature gum, carrageenan, pectin, or konnyaku sometimes referred to as "vegetable gelatins" although there is no chemical relationship; they are carbohydrates, not proteins"...