or Connect

Posts by MommyDOK

HI all, I'm desperate for some help for my daughter.  She has had bad heartburn on and off for several months.  I've only had heartburn once, so I know it hurts.  I'm sympathetic to her pain, but I'm afraid doctors will just put her on medication that won't address the real problem.  1st question: I searched in this forum and there are only 2 pages of posts.  Is that all there are??  I used to be able to come on here and search for a couple of years worth of posts for...
bumping up for any recommendations on pediatric gastroenterologists.  THanks everyone!!!
thank you all for your answers.  Yes, I used regular flash cards.  I will check out those apps for sure.  She can tell me the names of the notes if she counts out.  As in, "THis is c, so the next is d, e, f."  The only notes she knows on the printed page is c and d and then has to count out face and every good dog or whatever the shortcut is.    THanks!  Keep them coming. 
Hi all, I'm super frustrated.  My dd is 10.  She started piano through her school.  Although her teacher was very sweet, she does not stress reading music.  The books she used (I've since learned from other piano teachers) are not great at teaching reading music.  So after two years of music lessons, she is done. She used to love the piano, but it is very hard to advance in an instrument by memorization only.  She even created her own song once, which was really good. ...
The birth center is opening in february.  That might be an option?  I've heard good things about Dr LIndsay in ofallon/st charles area, but I don't know anyone who has birthed with her.  There's a good female dr at st johns, but they suck for rooming in and natural things.   I had no problems at st mary's with baby sleeping in my bed and all newborn testing etc was even done in my room.  I had my first at mobap, but that was a cs.  Dh went w/ baby everywhere, but they...
hi all, I just leaned something the hard way and want to share.  Dh has a bad shoulder (from a teenage injury and he's already had 2 surgeries on it) and needed to go see a dr.  There is a very good shoulder doc in our area who comes highly recommended.  Well, when he called Dr Y's office, they said they won't see dh unless he brings his own xrays in.  Ok, fair enough.  Since the law in our state won't let you order your own xrays, he had to go to another orthopedist to...
can any of you recommend a good pediatric allergist or gi for possible wheat issues?   My bff's son was told to stay off wheat and dairy by ped and then referred to allergist who said that was ridiculous.  I'm thinking there may be issues, but my friend wants to hear it from a doctor.  Any suggestions?
welcome to the area!  And congrats on new babe.  I know Dr Amy Grawey is very probreastfeeding.  She is out that way . I've not gone to her, but I've met her and she is a great normal birth advocate and pro bf.  
Dear Ana, I highly recommend you find a good chiropractor and ask them your questions.  I don't know if there are any near where you live, but perhaps ask on chiropractor forums.  Someone there will be able to give you advice.  I had a chiropractor as a doula and she adjusted me several times during pregnancy and then dozens of times during labor.  It helped me with the pain of a posterior baby.  Also, try to avoid an epidural, if you can.  For me, I could not feel to...
as far as I know, they are not public information.  In my state, they are collected for every ob, but not public.  You could ask your ob, but chances are, he/she may not know it or may underestimate their high rate by saying something like, "I'm mostly high risk" moms or something like that.  One question I suggest asking is, "Of the last ten moms who wanted to vbac, how many did?"  Somehow that makes them think about individual moms and not a rate.  Hopefully, his/her...