or Connect

Posts by leilamom

Hey Everyone -    My DH and I are foster parents.  Currently we have a 7 month old, but we could end up having a variety of different ages of infants in our home before the child we are meant to adopt comes to us.     I am looking for a sling, mei tai, anything really, that works well with a larger woman and wearing a baby (Arg, I don't like the term babywearing, but I can't think of anything else to call it...).  I am 5'4" and 280 lbs.  I currently have a Maya...
We went to Dr. Kim.  We didn't like him and he refused to treat us.  We are now going to Midwest Reproductie Center, Dr. Dan Gehlbach.  I LOVE their office and all the staff are really, really nice.
I have PCOS.  We have been doing another round of injections with IUI.  Last round we did, we had the same dose of meds, but ended up with 3 follicles.  This time, same dose and now there are 12 follicles.  We are coasting with no meds right now and just monitoring to see if some of these take off on their own and some calm down.  I am so sad that I never produce eggs and now there are WAY too many.  I was comfortable with not doing an IUI and having intercourse and...
Bump   Anyone out there have any suggestions on good doctors?
I started seeing this wonderful doctor at the advice of my acunpunturist.  She was great.  She identified what was going on with me within minutes of seeing me (chronic inflamation due to gluten and dairy intolerance).  I went of gluten and dairy, am taking Nystatin for like the next 6 months to clean the yeast overgrowth from my body and am feeling great.  The last visit I had with her, she told me that she was leaving her practice.  I found online that she is starting...
Reading this makes me feel a little better.  I really thought I was being a little cranky about it, but it seems reasonable.  Because we have my 7 year old DSS part time, we have discussed it and will only be willing to take children under 12 months, so it will only be baby things for a while.  I'm not so much into wanting stuff for a specific child, but just that we can take care of children (babies) in general.  I know that we might have a few children that we foster...
Good suggestion CrunchyChristianMommy...I think I will drop some hints to my best friend...She has an account on here, maybe she will see this LOL.  I do live in KC...If you have experience with foster-to-adopt, I would love to chat with you.
My DH and I are just starting out our journey to foster-to-adopt after a long struggle with infertility.  So, this weekend I was looking at all the things we are going to need to purchase to have what we need to take care of a baby in our home (we have practically nothing here...a few clothes and a car seat).  Anyway, all I could think about as I added the cost of it all up was that people who get pregnant register, have a baby shower, and get all these neat things.  (I...
My husband and I have decided to start the process of becoming licensed foster parents with the intent to foster to adopt.  I do not have any biological children and he has a 7 year old son from his previous marriage.  He and I are both concerned about the impact of this on him.  He has a diagnosis of Autism, although he is very verbal and fairly social.  I am concerned if he will understand what is going on and if this will harm him.  We don't have a fabulous working...
I have a friend who just had a grandson born.  The baby is about 5 weeks and she wants to purchase him some toys.  His parents have had specific requests about no toys from China and I suspect they would prefer if they were all-natural and things like that.  Are their some good places to find these toys at a somewhat reasonable price?  I wanted to give her some places she could go shop online where the selection would be safe to purchase.   Any idea?