or Connect

Posts by geekmoma

Quote: Originally Posted by mamazee First of all, don't go through the effort of making stuff like homemade mac and cheese if you aren't 100% sure she's going to eat it, because you will take it more personally than she means it. The above is so true. I hate wasting food. I try to avoid preparing meal just for my kids, but sometimes I have to. (DH cooks for the family , but sometimes he's not really considerate about the kids' taste... ) When I...
Like most PP said, the most important sign to look at is the behavior. If she is her happy self without nap time, I'd say it's not essential for her. If not, then you need to discuss with the father's family: use facts to convince them she really needs the mid-day rest. Again, echoing PP's message: each child's need is different.
My DDs are almost 4 and almost 2, and although they have great fun together 90% of the time, they do get into fighting: biting, hitting, pinching, etc, mostly because of disputes over toys. I'd say if it doesn't happy constantly, it's within the range of normalcy. DD1 once tried to teach DD2 to "swim" by forcing her face under the water : But I made it very clear to never do it again!
Quote: Originally Posted by FondestBianca the problem is not TV. The problem is that the RL role models in her life have such a small influence (their fault. not to be mean but, true) that the little girl just may be looking to the TV for role models. A grounded child with strong, positive, very involved RL role models (parents number one but older siblings, aunts & uncles, grandparents, cousins, etc) won't be influenced by what they see on TV....
I could have written your post, except that it's about my own almost 4-year-old DD. From the age of 2, she loved colorful design or "girly" design on her clothing. Starting from 2.5 she became obsessed with pink and Disney princesses, mainly picked up from her playmates. She loves to watch movies of all kinds (including robots, animals and cars), but stays fascinated only to those with pretty girls and princesses. She is independent in dressing herself every morning...
When my 1st was born, my MIL also tried to sit beside me and stared when I BF. The 2nd time she did it, I told her not to sit there because I don't feel comfortable. She backed up right away and never did it again. My mom also once peeked inside the room when I BF, but I was totally fine with it because I felt she was just checking if DD latches on properly. When my MIL did the same thing, I feel she was trying to live her own motherhood over me again and it made me feel...
New to this thread I would like to share some of my short but fruitful experience with CC. Maybe this can be helpful for someone to get started I learned about CC only a week ago, and has been starting to implement it out of curiosity. It's not foreign to me because it resembles the way I was brought up, but I want to incorporate some changes. In my culture, daily life is parent-centered, and children are given very little opportunity to express themselves. Adults...
Thank you all for the replies. I gave her the link to this thread. She herself is following the same milk, soy and gluten-free diet. She suspects the problem is at the daycare. Her son stays home for the summer, and she is hoping he will improve.
This post is for a worried and confused friend regarding her son. This is her post on another discussion forum: any advice or insight would be appreciated. Thank you! ----- Hi all, please help me. My 17 months old has a wheat, milk and pork intolerance. We also suspect he is allergic to soy, but haven't done a blood test to confirm it. Last December (he was almost a year old) he was confirmed to be allergic to wheat and milk (blood test) and was found to be...
In our house, the play table is for playing, not for eating. We may occasionally use it for meal when we have other kids over, and we have the same "play while eating" behavior as your DD . Otherwise, everyone eats at the same table during meal time, including my 22mo. Once DD1 almost chocked when jumping around when eating carrot, that's why we're rather strict about this. My DDs are never keen on high chairs: they ate from our laps when young, then transit to booster...