or Connect

Posts by Mandynee22

I feel you. And then tonight my cast iron pan fell out of the dishdrainer and ONTO MY ANKLE. Now it's more swollen and bruised and scraped. I think I'm dying...
Wow. I thought mine was pretty good at 17% LOL
DS is also 3 (3 yrs, 6 months) and I'm 36 weeks pregnant :-) He's told me there's nothing left, then said there was the next day, then changed it etc LOL I don't think he knows what he's talking about. I was kind of hoping he'd give it up during the pregnancy but I'm thinking that won't happen.
I think so. Putting limits on nursing is totally fine IMO. If you think about it, you put limits on pretty much everything, right? No more juice, no more candy, it's time to go inside now, we'll go for a walk-to the store- to the museum- later etc etc. Why should nursing be any different with a child who "gets it"? I don't think CLW was ever intended to mean "whenever the child wants for ever and ever and ever". I think it just means that they decide when they're all done...
My hospital has it's c section rate on it's website. Have you tired checking the websites? I did find this for CT: http://www.ctworsttofirst.com/cthospitalstatistics.htm but I don't think it lists all of them (and it's from 2007)
Mine lifted this ban last month. Phew! Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll be lifted soon!
Congrats!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by nelson I kid you not, everyone I know who drops their kids at a Y daycare center while they work out, has had a bad experience. My Bro's baby was left to scream wrapped in a blanket in his carseat, for the entire time he worked out. Other people I know talk about how they come to pick up their child and they are crying hysterically, by themselves, and no one bothered to go and get the parents. I wouldn't let my child near...
Quote: Originally Posted by jsh7809 Mandy - I hadn't heard that you have to wash prefolds 5 times before! What's the scoop on that? Is this for brand new ones or used? I am finally getting my collection of prefolds and covers together, and am realizing that I don't even know how to properly FOLD a prefold (i.e. put it on the baby under the cover) - I think I did that for my baby brother in the mid 80s but other than that the only babies I've changed...
I was talking to 3 yr old DS last night after "boobie". Our bedtime routine is brush/floss/mouthwash then a book then boobie for a minute then he usually yaps to me for a few then he falls asleep. He cosleeps and has never gone to sleep without me. So I was telling him about how I'll be going to the hospital to have the baby (which he knows) and how he'll have to go to sleep without boobie or me for a couple nights but I'll be back. He asked who will be with him so I told...