or Connect

Posts by Blucactus

All good ideas. We also like it with beans. I combine black beans, onion powder and blackstrap molassas and it makes a good mock "baked beans." If I ate bacon, I would totally add that too.
Thanks! Camping was GREAT! I maintained a moderate raw for the weekend while there, about 50%. It was really chilly so I ate more cooked then I had planned too. Plus everything just tasted sooooo gooood over the open fire! Yum! ...For raw I ended up eating bananas, apples, plums, goji berries, raw sunflower seeds, raw energy bars (1 per day), mushrooms, bean sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, cucumbers, carrots, and lots of blackberries. We found wild blackberries right near our...
nope! At this point, I am counting on eating 1-2 cooked meals a day out of all my meals and snacks (not that much, bc I eat every few hours normally), and snacking on easily transportable (carrots, apples, cukes, bananas) fruits and veggies, spouts, seeds/nuts and dried fruits the rest of the time. I don't normally do wheat, but I have some ezekial bread to try out as well. Wish me luck!
I did (after lengthy predomal labor). We were just barely at the 37 day mark (by a couple hours, if I remember correctly. ). Baby was 7.5 and in terrific health, though, 'fully cooked'. I went into labor at 39 & a couple days with my c section birth; labored for a couple days before they cut me. I must say, I was relieved both that my VBAC baby was born AFTER 36 weeks (after all that predomal labor I was on edge about him coming early) AND that he didn't make it to...
Hello all! I need some input from high-raw mamas about what to take and eat while on an uncoming camping trip. We will only be taking a couple of coolers total for all our food (my fam eats more ''typically'' than me), and obv. not appliances like juicers and blenders (I wish, haha!). This elimminates the daily green/carrot juice, green smoothie, cod liver oil, and big ole salad. I obv. can't take as many fruits and veggies I'd normally eat which would need refridgeration....
Hello. I had to do an elimmination diet for my youngest son's eczema when he was a little baby. Dairy, soy, eggs, and corn were the big eczema triggers for him in MY diet (it was severe enough that I had to read labels religiously--I swear they sneak those ingredients into EVERYTHING). At the same time, we switched from Burts Bees to Cali baby super sensitive, and between all those changes it cleared up 100% and now stays at bay as long as he doesn't get any of his...
I am quite sure that we've just gotten the pox (I should know for sure by tomorrow), we are in WNY, there are some other local families that have had them as well, if anyone is interested, send me a PM.
There are several families in WNY who have the pox right now, who have just come down with them. (incl us) Please PM me if you want more info.
Hello to all, I am still here and still dread-full. *grin* I passed the one year mark last month. : Still unsure about keeping them long term, some days I can't imagine life with hair any other way, some days I can't stand them and want to run to the scissors. Normal? LOL. My DH says I've never been happy with the hair I had at that moment (I've had pretty much every hair imaginable), 2which is prob. true. So for now they stay. It is true that I have always wanted them...
Hi there, My littlest guy is vegetarian (by my choice, except he takes CLO so I guess not technically, but he eats no other animal products), eggs free, animal milk (he does human milk) free, wheat free, corn free, soy free & a couple other fruits and veggies-free (by necessity of allergies/intolerances). He is also nut free as of right now. My DH and oldest little eat everything under the sun, though mostly healthy stuff (mostly veggie with some dairy added or such)...