or Connect

Posts by Blucactus

My first DS was 22 mo when my second DS was born, and he'd seen vids and done fine with them. At one point, he liked watching the Gentle Birth Choices DVD better than watching a kids show. We kept the mood light like 'that mommy is working hard to help her baby be born'. IMO it was a lot less scary then say, some Disney movies. He would refuse to watch the scary parts in Finding Nemo and Lion King but ask over and over for "baby" movie. He also copied the moaning and...
We have an open house coming up April 4th at 10 am in a public location to meet and welcome new members! Let me know if you are interested in joining us and I can get you the details.
Have you tried Tonawanda Peds? Dr Segal with them is very respectful, and very pro breastfeeeding! ETA: if you pm me I would be happy to share more info.
Quote: Originally Posted by CheapPearls Vegetarian Times has a good number of cake recipes. The search function lets you put in egg free, dairy free, etc. Have you looked there? Yes, thank you. I couldn't find anything appropriet. ....Well the cake is in the oven RIGHT NOW...fingers crossed that it will be edible, I found a basic pumpkin cake online and altered it unrecognizable. I am good at cooking, but am still in the learning curve of...
For my little allergy boy's half birthday tomorrow, I am looking to make something cake-like: a pie, a sweet bread/coffee cake, cupcakes or cake sorta thing. AI am looking for a recipe from someone who's tried and likes it, and I have the following ingredients about the house: Bananas Apples/applesauce Sweet potatoes Carrots Pumpkin puree Oat flour & oats Rice krispies Maple syrup Apple juice concentrate Honey Molassas Rice milk Apple cider...
We made it to nine months (I would have been thrilled to make it to 12 but nine was good!) and by then he was reaching for food and crying that he couldn't have it, he had teeth and was walking and I felt ok in my gut about letting him have a go at solids. And he's been a GREAT eater, so I love to blow that assumption out of the water, since everyone thought he would be picky and not know what to do with food etc. One great thing was he was able to go straight to...
1 bathroom is doable! I grew up in a family of 5 with one bathroom and didn't think twice about it. My fam is currently 2 adults plus 2 kids and occasional overnight guests (adults), and we have a home with one bathroom. We do have plans for another, but that's for a longer term goal (in about 5 years or more), since within 10 years we plan to have 4-5 kids total and open to the possibility of another adult living here as well (family as they age, friends who need a place...
I am lovin this convo...
Quote: Originally Posted by purplemamaturtle5 Okay mama's.... I did it. I dont have dreads anymore, and as fun as it was to be the knotty mama.... it just wasnt for me... right now anyway. I dont know if i'll ever go back. My mom took some time and brushed them out for me today. It didnt take but 2 hours. I'm really digging the whole "brushing my fingers through my hair" thing. haha. But I haven't lost all my cruchy-ness.... I still have hairy pits and...