or Connect

Posts by Blucactus

I like to zap it in the microwave and then stirfry it, but I like it kinda mushy and then crispy. We like it: with salt and pepper and lemon juice--With salt and pepper and tahini--with stirfried/sauteed chopped garlic and lemon: you do the garlic in the oil till brownish, dump it into another container with some of the oil (glass is good bc it will be HOT), cook the broc in the rest of the oil, then put the first oil & garlic over it before serving as a dressing...
For manners around the home, I will give you an example of what we do. DS1 (3 y/o) asks for something rudely. I say, of course you can have that, but let's practice a kinder way to say it. Then we practice together saying "mommy, may I please have that?" Kind of like a role play. That is just if he forgets. If he is being intentionally rude and yelling at me, I tell him that I don't like it and I want him to speak to me without shouting. We talk about treating people with...
Bumping for the Saturday crowd...:
This thread made me smile. I can't see pushing them into it as I am a non-college-educated mama, thankyouverymuch. I didn't know what I wanted to "do" (besides my dream of writing) when I graduated high school, and I didn't want to rack up tons of loans and debt and waste time in school on a non-major (I got a lot of flack for being a failure because I didn't go straight from HS to college, BTW). I ended up traveling, working assorted interesting (and not) jobs, then I...
If you regularly email, I find it easier to bring something like this up over email because it's a subject that can get personal and defensive REAL quick. I brought it up with a friend who was preg with a boy when I was preg with my son. I just asked her if she had thought about it at all, and I'd just learned how bad it was (my first DS was cut) and I was sharing that there was another option.
Lovely thread. My youngest son is wheat free, and I've been using corn as a staple gain round here lately. I made some yummy corn fritter thingies out of corn flour, water, honey, cinnamon, and shaped in little cakes and fried and then sprinkled with powdered sugar, really healthy! I also made corn crackers last night...They taste great but the texture is a little off (for crackers--the kids loved em though). I didn't use any sort of recipe, just dumped and mixed stuff...
I love this idea. I would love my dairy-sensitive son to be able to eat the good stuff in yogurt!... I wish someone would come along (the coconut milk yogurt fairy, perhaps?) and give a good education about how to make a sucessful batch. Anyone???
Quote: Originally Posted by Anna06 : way to go Blucatus Thanks! I've had cheese a couple of times, but then regretted it. Son's eczema has cleared up dramatically, but I haven't been 100% about it so it's still lurking around on his legs and I am trying not to drown myself in guilt. I am doing the best I can do right now, my mistakes are made, TODAY I will eat in a way that will be the most healthy for BOTH of us...