or Connect

Posts by Blucactus

I am really curious, not looking for a fight, just curious. Here is the situation: You are exclusively breastfeeding a child under the age of one year. You find yourself pregnant with a surprise. You are vegan:: You do not eat meat by choice, and you cannot (because of your nursling's allergies) eat eggs, dairy, soy, nuts, or anything with any of the above in them. Pregnancy makes you sick, and all things veggie, fruit and legumes (your usual fare) turns your stomach, and...
we have our litter box in the bathroom, too, and just keep a baby gate across the doorway so kitty can jump over but baby can't get in.
Oh my goodness you guys, dinner tonight was AWEEEEE-SOME!! e had coconut lime rice and beans in tortillas with fajita-stle onions & peppers. (As inspired by this thread. ) The black beans were mashed slightly, with fresh lime juice & coconut milk in them, plus garlic powder, pepper, nutritional yeast, cumin, & soy sauce. Simmered until they got thick and saucy. Onions & peppers sauteed till starting to soften & brown. Rice was cooked with 2/3 coconut milk to 1/3...
coming back to update...we are still truckin along...DH has actually said that he likes having homemade vegan lunches packed (with love notes! ) & homecooked vegan dinners BETTER than eating prepacked SAD stuff and fixing his own meat-&-diary-heavy dinners. i think that because he is still eating meat/dairy when we are out, which is a couple of times a week, he is feeling that is a good balence. so this is great news, because not only have we eliminated the prepackaged...
coming back to update...we are still truckin along...DH has actually said that he likes having homemade vegan lunches packed (with love notes! ) & homecooked vegan dinners BETTER than eating prepacked SAD stuff and fixing his own meat-&-diary-heavy dinners. i think that because he is still eating meat/dairy when we are out, which is a couple of times a week, he is feeling that is a good balence. so this is great news, because not only have we eliminated the prepackaged...
We had vegan enchiladas with garlic, onion, peppers, tomatoes, spinach, and potatoes....and gaucamole on the side. : I ate 3.
Ok, trying this again while kids are momentarily happy... Stuffing Lentils I made this recipe up, so it is not *exact*... This past time I made it, this is what I did: Cooked about half a bag of lentils (1 med pot full) in water the regular way, adding about 1/2 tsp ground sage halfway through. Once lentils were cooked, in a separate pan I sauteed 2 large cloves fresh, chopped garlic with 1 med chopped onion and 3 stalks of chopped celery in enough oil (olive) to...
back soon to share stuffing lentil recipe--baby needing me NOW...
This evening we had stuffing lentils, with steamed broccoli, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce (I also had marinated tomatoes and DS also had frozen peas, haha)--so yummy! We just restocked on nutritional yeast after a long absence, so I had it on my broccoli and mashies.