or Connect

Posts by jencat

I hope I'm being paranoid - one of those new moms who fear that "something is wrong" with my baby... I have 11 month old twins, one of which has me worried. My boy sometimes sits and rocks front to back. He usually does it in his crib when going to sleep or when he wakes up. He also does it sometimes in the highchair when he's eating. Other than that, I think he's developing normally. He crawls. He sits, he smiles, he looks people in the eye. He laughs. He doesn't...
Hi Poet - just checking in on you...! I've got all my part crossed and the twins do too - they want both eggs to stick! : I'm sending you lots of wonderful, nurturing, mothering vibes!!
When I was pregnant, my lips got really dry and peeled around the edges... my twins are now almost 7 months old and my lips are STILL doing it! I usually use the yellow Burt's Bees and I also have another lip balm that I use that is petroleum based ( and neither are helping. I've tried some natural exfoliator, vaseline... nothing works. Any idea what causes this and how I can cure it!? On the rare occasion that I wear lipstick, my lips look terrible from the...
Oh my gosh! These are absolutely adorable! I looked at every single photo!! I can't believe mine are 6 months old already! Here is a recent photo of the two of them... J & V
Here's a pic of me and both babies - beco butterfly on the back, mei tai on the front. It's very comfortable! So far I've taken one long-ish walk of about 1 1/2 - 2 miles. My back was ready to be done, tho! I've also tried it once at the store. My husband was with me but I wanted to wear them both... DH said he got at least one dirty look (for making his poor wife carry both babies!) I put my heavier one on the back. Mostly because I think he fits better in the...
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I bet they will be home very soon! Mine were born at 30 weeks and only 3 and 3 1/2 lbs... so yours are doing great! You grew some good ones! My twin's eyes were very dark when they were in the nicu but they lightened as they got closer to their due date... Hang in there with all the pumping! Babies being in the nicu causes extra challenges to breastfeeding (IMO) so you will have to spend extra time and effort making it work. Like Celesterra...
I got my Babyhawk and Maya sling last week. Today I got my beco butterfly (all used!) I haven't tried it yet (babies asleep) but I'm going to try the babyhawk on the front first, then the butterfly on the back. I tried it just now with no babies and I think it will work! Can't wait for them to get up so I can try it... (but I'd like to have lunch first!)
So sweet, ladies! Tara - I love the curls! janasmama - love the bath photos! I love that she's just hangin' in the sink! And I never thought about putting mine in a swing... good idea... lee1203 - very cute! What gorgeous eyes! AmberLion - love the tummy time photo. Here's one of Jackson and Veronica on our way to a play date. (It's the only time they get dressed - otherwise they live in jammies day and night!)
I just tried my "new" Babyhawk for the first time today and found it very comfortable! BUT... baby had the sun in her eyes and on her head... I'm worried about her comfort and about her getting a sunburn. It doesn't appear as if Babyhawk makes sleeping hoods but I'm wondering if I can make something (very simple)? What have others done about this issue? (I was thinking I could just clip a piece of fabric over her head?) Thanks!
I'm on the verge of buying some new wraps and need help. I'm really itching to get them asap! : I'm not "into" wraps that much so I only know about a few of them... I have a Moby and two pocket slings. And two Bjorns. I don't like the pockets, Bjorns hurt after a while. And the Moby is pretty comfy but hard to put on. So... I've done a little research and *think* this is what I want: a Maya ring sling for easy carrying of one around the house. A Beco...