or Connect

Posts by vespersongs

We recently got approved for NJ Family Care for our whole family, and have the Horizon BCBS HMO. Well, I went for a physical the other day and waited for *three and a half hours* in the waiting room. I finally walked out of the exam room after *another* half hour waiting for the doctor. After being there a while I realized this was not going to be a doctor who took an alternative approach to anything or was even mildly sympathetic to anything but...
We recently got approved for NJ Family Care for our whole family, and have the Horizon BCBS HMO. Well, I went for a physical the other day and waited for *three and a half hours* in the waiting room. I finally walked out of the exam room after *another* half hour waiting for the doctor. After being there a while I realized this was not going to be a doctor who took an alternative approach to anything or was even mildly sympathetic to anything but drugs.   We've...
My school (in New Jersey) recently sent me a letter stating that they didn't have my daughter's exemption on file (how convenient; it was the FIRST form I submitted when registering!), and now they have an urgent need for a new form that has an actual explanation. Apparently the guidelines changed this year, and there is a statute that states the need for an explanation on religious grounds.   First instinct is to say that religious freedom dictates that the state...
Hi--I was just notified by the school nurse that they won't accept my religious exemption that I submitted because of new statutes, and I'm afraid she'll be asked to leave--TOMORROW is the cutoff date. Apparently the new statute says that I need to express a reason why the vax conflict with our religious beliefs. I am not sure my reason would be accepted. Anyone have a sample to share or a good reason?   You can email me at vespersongs at hotmail dot...
Quote: Originally Posted by melodyka we have chickenpox in wynnewood, pa. we were planning a halloween party for my daughter's preschool class on saturday at 2pm. it could change to a pox party!?! please message me if interested. Hi there! We would love to get some pox action going here--would you be willing to ship lollipops? I'm in Orange, NJ. Not sure how far that is from you--I'm about 2 hours from Philly.
Anyone have any advice for someone starting to use cloth pads and/or diva cup? How many do you need? Better companies? Make them yourself? Can you use the cup if you've had children? Also, anyone have any success with shortening your period naturally? Mine lasts an entire 7 days and is fairly heavy. Thanks!
REAAAAALLY felt like I had to clarify for GuildJenn. I don't think that working or finding childcare is sacrificing family. Absolutely the contrary. Our home has the least stress when we know we're all where we're supposed to be. For me, that's working as an illustrator and musician. For ds, that's a fantastic alternative school. Homeschooling, which we did for one year, was a totally wrong fit for us. It was similar when I was an apprentice midwife. It was something...
Really got a kick out of that "outsourcing the games you don't like" article! Well, since it's a short term issue (until pre-K next fall), I guess I'll have to grit my teeth and bear it. Nothing is worth sacrificing family, not even a career I adore. But do any of you have any non-screen activities you have your kids do while you work?
I am an illustrator and a signed recording artist, and 2009 marked me going back between part-and full-time. It's been great, but immensely challenging. My daughter is 4 and very, very clingy (and has been since birth). We have a tiny house, so I mainly work at the kitchen table. We don't have money for childcare and I'm not even remotely interested in nanny care. My son is in a FANTASTIC alternative school where we will probably send my daughter next year for pre-K...
I have 2 kids, 6 and 3, and would love to get the pox. vespersongs@hotmail.com or 973-568-3138. Thanks!