or Connect

Posts by julie128

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the subject line was "common courtesy."  When you live with someone, whether it is a relative or roommate, there are some courteous things you do to make life easier for all.    It is common courtesy to let your parents (in this case.  Could be roommates.) know where you are going and when you will return so that they won't worry about you.  If you say you'll be home by 10:00, and you realize you won't be home until 3:00,...
That's a tough situation.  In addition to using a lock box or hidden rock, perhaps making the key one of those "do not copy" keys.  They cost slightly more than regular copies.  It won't keep DD's dad from taking it, but at least he won't be able to make a copy.
I feel your pain.  What I, personally, had to do--and every family is different, so this may not be what works for you--was to just stop nursing between 10pm and 6am.  Bam.  Cold turkey.  Lots of crying at first, then tapering off.  My kids were 10, 16, and 24 months when I did this, and it took longer with each kid.  I don't know if it was a kid-difference or an age-difference.  We were co-sleeping, and we set up our crib side-car to our bed and insisted the kid sleep in...
We used one, especially when watching a movie in the other room.  One night, I heard a gagging sound on the monitor.  Our daughter had vomited, and she was gagging on the vomit.  It was a good thing we had the monitor.  She was in our bed, btw, not a crib on the other side of the house.  But, to the original question, I don't see the use of gendered clothing for infants.  They don't know from boys or girls yet and the rules about pink or blue or lace or trucks, and you...
I heard about a book on the radio that I thought was called Farmacopia, but I can't find it anywhere.  The book was written, I think, by a doctor, and it's about how she used the example of biodynamic farming to understand disease and health in the human body.  Two examples they gave were 1) A grape farmer killed the rattlesnakes on his property, and then the gopher population exploded, and they killed his vines and 2) cleaning up our drinking water eliminated parasitic...
I bet you could sell them to someone at MDC...  Maybe 1/2 cover price each or a bundled price for all, plus shipping.      If you want to donate them, how about Planned Parenthood for their waiting room, or some other local clinic for their waiting room, WIC office waiting room, high school or college library, shelter for battered women and their children?  Around here, we have Friends of the Library, which accepts donated books and magazines that they sell to raise...
Believe it or not, there has actually been a study to determine whether breastfeeding makes your breasts sag, and the answer was no.  All of the following were contributers to sagging breasts: gravity, age, genetics, pregnancy, having large breasts.
Never.  Not a single time.  But, I did have LOTS of positive comments, even when bf toddlers in public.  :-)
I would hard-boil a dozen eggs all at once.  Easy high-protein snack.  Yum.
My daughter has lost all interest in religion and has become hostile with me about it, and she is negatively influencing her younger siblings.  Could be a phase, but I kind of doubt it.  Anyway, this is really hurting both of us.  She is experiencing that we're "forcing" her to believe in God, which is totally not the case--my husband is a long time atheist, and this has not been an issue.  My experience is that she is ending a long line of tradition and family.  Anyone...