or Connect

Posts by Trillian

I think it is awesome that you are standing up for your kids like that. My half-brother was completely favoured by his grandparents, and it hurt me deeply when I was little. I remember things like having to sit through Christmas gift-giving where my baby brother got checks for $200 and I got $20. I think their attitude also poisoned his feelings toward my mother, sister and I... whenever we would fight, he would come back to "you're not really part of the family", "it's...
The week we brought DS home, there were 3 separate stories in the newspapers of babies who died in their parents' beds. It may just have been a statistical fluctuation, but it still made us feel worried about bedsharing, so DS sleeps in his crib just a few feet from our bed. He sleeps well and is happy there, so I don't feel bad about that decision. (I did sometimes take the covers off the bed to nurse him lying down during the early days when I was too tired to keep my...
My baby is 3.5 months, and just started reaching for things. His coordination still needs work though - usually he only hits things rather than grabbing (unless I help him), and sometimes doesn't even get his arm in the right place. It's cute to watch him trying though.
I dislike nursing cover-ups in the sense that I don't think any woman should feel obliged to wear one. If they make a woman feel more comfortable about nursing in public, then of course that's fine, but I would rather that we cultivate a climate in which nursing mothers feel they have nothing to be ashamed of. I was explaining to a friend the other day why I wouldn't wear one when nursing in public (not embarrassed, need to see the latch, don't want baby to get hot,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Brigianna I guess the difference I'm not getting is--the purpose of a drape is to cover your breasts and upper body. The purpose of a shirt is to cover your breasts and upper body. So it seems odd that people would oppose the drape on the grounds that a woman should not feel the need to cover her breasts/upper body, but use/support shirts that do the same thing. I dislike nursing drapes, but am ok with nursing...