or Connect

Posts by 3_opihi

Hi mama! First, hugs to you. Seizures are so scary. My dd has epilepsy due to non enhancing brain lesions and I also work for a pediatric neurosurgeon. My advice to you would be to go ahead and do the testing, especially the MRI. There could be so many things going on it's just hard to even speculate. It's also just as possible (and most likely) that the seizures are idiopathic (without a known cause). But you really want to make sure there's nothing else going on...
Yes, please let us know. The UCLA thing sounds good - is there anything similar at other hospitals? Last year my dd went to the outpatient pysch clinic at the local children's hospital, "behavioral health" it was called. It helped her immensely.
Oh my heart really goes out to you. I have been in this position with my dd (just turned four today). At one point, she had a very extreme reaction to trileptal which I did take her to the hospital for, because her behavior was frankly scaring the crap out of me. In her case, she was so young that inpatient tx wouldn't really make sense, but she still has extreme behaviour sometimes and the thought that I may have to admit her crosses my mind often. I think it's only...
Could you compare them to the Mormon population?
There is such a huge variation, it's really hard to say. I work in a field where I look at exactly this kind of stuff all day. I would say most kids are fine to moderately delayed and there are those who are more severely affected. My dd has what we believe could have been intrauterine strokes, or infections or possibly demyelination (hopefully not this one); ie, we're not really sure. Basically she has a multitude of T2 hyperintense lesions on the right...
I would just flat out ask mom what she needs. Especially if the family has other children, they probably have a multitude of errands and chores that need to be done that they can't get around to.
I would probably choose to stay home, in that position. (and I work full time). I think it sounds like a great deal, with your mom, though - so maybe you could find a more flexible job, or step down from your position temporarily to work a more flexible position. We just had a new mama at work do something like this.
Thank you for clarifying, Denvergirlie. What's done is done. I know it sucks, I'm not here to be lectured. I know it's bad and I'm coming here to ask for help! This has nothing to do with cc bills or a house I couldn't afford. My dd had brain damage, was seriously ill, my dh left us in the middle of a crisis and my kids and there was no way I could work at the time! It sucked! But we came through and are all the more awesomer for it. (and dd is doing great!) I...
Ok...well, forget it. I didn't come on here to get chewed out about my unpaid medical bills. Yes, of course I want to pay them. I work for a brain surgeon. Believe me, I know how bad it is when people do not pay their medical bills. That is not the point of my question. Unfortunately, when you are caring for someone who is seriously ill and aren't able to work, you'd be shocked at how fast things are piling up. Especially when you are the sole provider of your...
I just checked my fico score and it was 527!!! Basically, I have a lot of old medical collections. Probably about 20. (don't get on me, my dd has epilepsy and last year my dh left us, so I was alone with three kids one with serious problems and couldn't work). To make matters worse, my mom had me as an authorized user on a cc I never used and has been making late payments on it. I don't have any cc, just a student loan which was defaulted for a while but is now...