or Connect

Posts by 3_opihi

I've posted this all over the place, but if you've read my posts you know that my three year old dd has epilepsy. She's had multiple MRIs showing "white spots" in the right hemisphere of her brain. In the white matter, not the grey matter. They are fairly large, and have stayed the same over repeated MRIs - ones with contrast, ones without - so we know they are a product of her brain, not a mistake on the scan.. Anyway, we're not sure what they are. At our last neuro...
APD isn't usually diagnosed until around age six, but an audiologist can usually tell you if they suspect it. What kind of hearing tests has he had so far?
I don't have an answer for you. I am of the thinking that unmedicated seizures would gradually become more severe and frequent in occurence. I would also imagine the post ictal stage wouldn't be very comfortable if your dd is having them frequently. Risking status is not something I am comfortable with and willing to risk. It is a real thing and nothing to mess around with. And it only needs to happen one time, kwim. I know that sounds like a scare tactic, but it is...
I really don't have any answers for you. Have you had a thyroid scan yet? My numbers are always a little strange. My antibody levels are always through the roof, yet my T4 and T3 are usually in normal ranges (though usually at the edge of those ranges). The scan gave a bit more insight into what was going on. As did the antibody tests...if you have antibodies, you have thyroid disease - no matter what your levels are. I wonder why your doctor doesn't understand this?...
Yes, it's common and can happen with thyroiditis as well. Big Eyes, I wish I could enjoy being hyper...it is by far the worst health thing I've ever gone through!!! The heart stuff SUCKS.
Mingus - I have Graves and am not on hormones right now. My TSH was .09 and my FT4 and FT3 were in "normal" ranges - can't remember what they were offhand. I go back on the 17th to get them rechecked. Right now I'm taking a watch and wait approach as I don't want to take hormones if I don't have to. I am taking a beta blocker to manage symtoms and it helps a ton...I was having palpitations, sweats, moodswings, the whole shebang. The beta blocker calms these. I...
Glad to hear it's going well so far! Keep us updated, please.
Anxiety disorder (which I believe has been caused by all the medical interventions dd has had. ) Through no fault of anyone. Disruptive Behavior Disorder. We've been being seen at behavioral health through children's hospital - the best place in the whole Pacific Ocean. It's helped a whole lot. We go back today for more therapy. I'm so relieved the neurologist referred us here. As a funny - I've been trying for a year to get dd special services through DOE. ...
I don't mind if people talk to my kids at all! I even send them outside with the hopes that one of the neighbors will scold them or come tell me if they are getting into mischief. (disclaimer: in Hawai'i it is still common for kids to play out in the neighborhood and know that all the neighbors have their eyes on them - like it was in the old days. I'm not negligent!) However, I do have a few friends who only have girls and can be very kind of....controlling of my...
Oh, here's another example of passive aggressive behavior. A few years ago I cut my waist length hair off to donate to locks of love. Being the big baby that I am, I called up one of my oldest friends and cried to her about it. That very night, what does she do but post a new myspace picture of herself showing off HER beautiful waist long hair -only to get loads of comments about how gorgeous she is. . Passive aggression - makes you feel petty and silly over things. ...