or Connect

Posts by myk

i would make a referral to a speech language pathologist IF the waiting list is long in your area. my first had no words at 18 months and a handful at 2 years. she ended up needing intervention, and it took 2 full years to get it. i'm glad i put in the referral early. my second had no words at 18 months and is now chatting up a storm. i put in the referral, and when her name comes up, i will simply have her evaluated to make sure she's on track, and probably close the...
i'm seeing a lot of conflicting info when i google, so i was thinking someone here might be able to help.   i'm a meat eater. my husband is a meat eater. my 8 year old is a meat eater. but my 2 year old is refusing meat, fairly consistently. she eats tons of dairy but i don't think it's good to be her sole source of protein. so i'm looking for some non-dairy vegetarian recipes..   the problem is, i'm waiting on some tests to find out if i'm type 2 diabetic (very...
my toddler seems neurotypical. my 8 year old has social issues but not sensory issues that we know of, so she's not "normal" but i don't think it's necessarily a matter of being on the spectrum. we're still trying to figure that out.   i am having trouble with just being a parent. i get so overstimulated. i can't stand normal amounts of noise. i can't provide a lot of social opportunities for the kids because a) i suck with people and b) it gets overwhelming...
i'm in the midst of being diagnosed with aspergers (i'm sure i have it, as are my family, and the AQ, SQ, and EQ test scores support that conclusion). there are some aspects of parenting that i find very difficult. i know there's a thread about parenting when your spouse/partner has aspergers, but is there anyone here who has it themselves?
i would bleach them periodically, and yes - stink means they're not getting clean. wash with plenty of detergent (i use country save - cloth diaper safe, cheap, doesn't irritate my girl's sensitive skin), skip the potentially irritating essential oils. instead of repeated rinsing, run them through an extra hot cycle with no detergent.   i'll also second the move to natural fibres (we use organic cotton prefolds and wraps) if possible to see if that makes a...
i would bleach them periodically, and yes - stink means they're not getting clean. wash with plenty of detergent (i use country save - cloth diaper safe, cheap, doesn't irritate my girl's sensitive skin), skip the potentially irritating essential oils. instead of repeated rinsing, run them through an extra hot cycle with no detergent.   i'll also second the move to natural fibres (we use organic cotton prefolds and wraps) if possible to see if that makes a...
i would definitely have him evaluated. i've known i was different since i was a kid, it was like i was missing that part of the brain that made friendships easy. i desperately want friends, and i make friends, and i don't keep them because of a string of grievous faux pas i commit on a regular basis. i'm 38 years old, and i have just taken some tests based on simon baron-cohen's work (which is considered quite reputable) and EVERY SINGLE TEST came back aspie.   i...
i just wanted to say, please don't give up on your husband. i very probably have aspergers - i scored 43/50 on the baron-cohen screening test where 32 is "high risk". i know i have a lot of deficits and i'm very hard to live with but i love my family and i'm sure your husband does too. it sounds like you are committed to him and just are having some trouble with the hurdles he's facing. encourage him to seek medical treatment/therapies - Risperidone helps me immensely -...
a little history about my family. when dd1 was born i was on my own, and she slept in a cradle next to me and transitioned to her own crib. that was fine until she was a toddler and then it was hell, so i started bed sharing. which was awesome. fast forward to age 3, i got engaged and just before she turned 4 we got married. she gets along GREAT with my husband. she went to her own room at that point and it was a rough transition. but she kind of got used to it...
i think it is completely unreasonable to expect them to deal with diapers that were wrapped in plastic. diaper genies are designed to hold disposables, not cloth. if you don't want to go through and cut out each diaper and deal with the smell, why would they? cloth diapers should be stored properly in a diaper pail or garbage can with pail liner, after the poop being rinsed away, and then delivered in ready-to-wash condition. same goes for if you were to be washing the...