or Connect

Posts by eminencejae

Quote: Originally Posted by ~~Mama2B~~ DH and I welcomed our daughter Ziva at 11:15pm April 27th! She was 4 FULL WEEKS past her due date! Ziva was 10 pounds, 1 ounch and 21 inches long. Her head was a whopping 13 3/4 around! I started having regular contrax at midnight on Thursday. I was up all night with them. Friday morning I had some serious bloody show and the contrax got stronger and longer. By the time DH got home at about 4 they were getting...
Quote: Originally Posted by Shelsi They can NEVER ask you for proof of your religion. It's against the constitution. In some states though the laws are still written that you have to state your religion so at some point someone would have to fight it (they would win) to get it changed. That being said, Utah has a philosophical exemption so just use that one. That's an excellent point about the religion aspect, But my concern is how does the...
I'm so anxious to hear your story too! I've even check yours and Mal's MySpace pages from your myspace link and am really really excited for you and inspired by you. Congrats! I hope you sign into MDC soon and are having a great time with new baby at the same time. I read your blog and loved loved loved the girls name. I almost cried it was so beautiful! Hope to get an update from you soon! Thanks for sharing with us so far.
Quote: Originally Posted by mommyjamieof2 When I went in for my weekly appointment today with my birth plan my ob said that the eye gunk is required by law I am ok on the hep B but have to do the eye gunk? I am in utah anyone with any knowledge/experience with this? I'm in UT too, and the only thing I've found that is required by law is the PKU. (and a person would get out of that the same way as vaxing; being a member of a recognised religion...
This is a really kewl site http://www.peeonastick.com/ about home pregnancy tests, I got a really faint line on my first test too- almost didn't beleive it although it does look alot different than yours does because of the extra line on yours. I used the expensive ones first and nothing showed up yet, but then I used the dollar store tests about a week later, and they definitely do work! I highly recommend them because the others are such a waste if you are trying to...
Quote: Originally Posted by ~~Mama2B~~ So, I'm 40W6D today. I'm sick of not knowing what's going on. I don't know what these sensations I'm feeling are. Maybe contrax, maybe nothing at all. It's frustrating! My midwife is trying to talk my into getting my membranes stripped net week. I don't know how I feel about that. She's also preparing me to lie to the Drs. if and when I hit 42 weeks and I "have" to go in for a stress test and/or induction. I'll...
Quote: embarassing question, but on the basic mechanics - are you just looking for cord in front of the neck or behind? or both? is it possible to be trying to unloop the cord from around the neck and actually end up makng the situation worse? That's exactly what I was wondering, so I just decided not to worry about it as a previous poster mentioned that wrapped cords are common and the thing about the placenta detaching as the head crowns. ...
I've really been wondering how you were doing. You are welcome to email me. I think it's in my profile.
I'm feeling somewhat the same you are. My baby has been down low ever since the second ultrasound in January. But not below pelvic bone low. I had a bleeding problem at about 20 or so weeks, and that was really scary! But It turned out to be no big deal even after I went to the OB urgent care which was kind of a waste of time, but I really wanted to know that it was okay. Haven't had any problems with sex though, just afraid it would cause bleeding again but it...
Quote: Originally Posted by punkprincessmama We used TCM to prepare our dd2s placenta. I really feel it helped in a variety of ways - less lochia, milk came in fully by day 3, bonding, emotionally etc. I will definetly do it that way again. But we didn't cut the cord right away either. We waited for the placenta, and then some. What is TCM?