or Connect

Posts by eminencejae

I found out about lotus from this site. I would do a search here because I know the info exists. (Which is how I came across your thread, -searching the boards-because I have some questions about it too) The members here talk about it often.... I'm not really concerned about having a special bag, ribbons, ties, etc. But my question I'm looking for the answer to is: If I'm trying to have a mild version of a lotus (ie: I just want to wait as long as possible to cut the...
Wow, I'm actually posting in my due date club! I'm having the same issues, but the pain is not near my thighs/hips, it's directly in the center of my crotch feels like it's coming from directly within the vulvar lips. It's sharp and quick. Sometimes my outer hips ache downward towards my knees. When I stand up the baby is really heavy, and he's always been punching me in the front pelvis area. Sometimes he gets right in the middle and I feel like he's going to...
Why do we have to only be here for eachother on the board? Why not get together on web cam or via phone if you need someone 'there'? I've got free in US long distance on my cell and I'd be willing to buy a web cam. I think we should do that if one of us needs extra support. I'd be willing to be available for a call or a web cam session! Just PM me. Maybe someone should start a thread of those of us that would be willing to get together? I watched a video of one...
I'm anxiously waiting for every new story right along with everyone else. Wonder how Kate is doing, too, etc. It looks like there are atleast 9 UCers ahead of me right now and I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone does. It keeps me hopeful and calms my nerves. When I feel cruddy or nervous I have to read the birth stories. I didn't even realise how many UCers there were on the sticky until I counted.... OVER 200 of us! Wow. Very few had problems it seemed. So...
Quote: Originally Posted by kaylee18 Vit K injection was associated with cancer (leukemia?) in one study, though other studies have not shown a correlation. It can also be given orally, and is normally just as effective orally, but doctors prefer the injected form because certain maternal disorders can interfere with the newborn's oral absorption of vit K. The only reason for Vit K injection is the prevention of hemmorhagic disease, which is very rare...
Quote: Originally Posted by AustinAmber I had planned to give birth in a birth center but was risked-out at 30 weeks due to gestational diabetes. I like the OB/GYN that the midwives recommended except that he wants to induce at 39 weeks because of the baby's lungs not developing enough to support a possibly large baby. At 34 weeks the baby is average size (5.5 lbs. according to u/s) and all vitals are normal. My blood sugar levels have been controlled...
Quote: Originally Posted by jlpetitte IMHO, the post does not seem out of line. We discuss many things in relation to clients and what to do. It was my understanding that this was part of the point of the forum. A place to discuss issues with other birth professionals. According to HIPAA, you just can't use any patient identifiers (like name, birth date, address, etc.), which you didn't. I'm not meaning to be that harsh in saying the subject...
To the OP... don't go if you don't like it. This is really offensive to me, and I'm not even the one being gossiped about and don't even know that person. But it's personal. That this thread got me irritated is my problem, I should not have continued to read it, but you asked if you shoud continue to participate due to your hang up about her smoking wether it's a rational medical complaint or not - it still is no one's business but the mother's business. So here is the...
Quote: Originally Posted by pamamidwife it's so weird to see posts like this. what is the point of it really? My thoughts exactly until I realised that maybe we should take the comment gracefully and be as welcoming as possible. I figured maybe there was some interest peaked and that's always a good thing.
Quote: Originally Posted by ilovemy2ds I don't think if I get preg again I can do that. Why? because when Ds1 was born I lost A LOT of blood and DH was very worried about that and still is. I get scared that if I had a UC/HB, what if something happened and the ambulance did not come in time Also with DS2 his heart rate was in the low 30's. They did not know what was wrong with him, so had to rush us to the NICU in the next town. He was in good care...